Recent content by OldTownPepe

  1. O

    Rutgers vs Iowa / Game Thread

    I thought it was a good "first B1G game" between Iowa and Rutgers. Maybe the start of a rivalry (as long as Iowa wins). Go Knights - Go Hawks!
  2. O

    B12 Expansion

    The Big XII is bizarre. In the past expansions we've seen, the teams have been all lined up and ready to jump into their new conference. The dog and pony show the Big XII is holding is ridiculous. Schools are being interviewed as if they were job applicants, presenting their cover letters and...
  3. O

    Will a victory against UW change your perception of the season?

    RU fans need to develop a different mindset. Like the idea that Rutgers will be in every game to win it. Moral victories don't count. It seems a lot of posters on this board have a bit of an inferior complex about your team and that's the first thing that should change. You finally have a solid...
  4. O

    OT: Tony Romo has broken bone in his back

    When doesn't Tony Romo have something broke? Time to pack it in.
  5. O

    OT: Everyone Post Where You Live Now

    Cedar Rapids, Iowa Chicago, Illinois Munich, Germany Scilla, Italy Athens, Greece Cedar Rapids, Iowa Marion, Iowa Palo, Iowa Hiawatha, Iowa
  6. O

    OT: Windows 10

    Chrome.
  7. O

    After watching harbaugh on ESPN....I wonder

    Harbaugh is weird, and it's an aura he nurtures and promotes. He infuses that aura with a healthy dose of concentrated creepy. Not somebody I'd want to be around on a dark night with a full moon. He reminds me of Andy Kaufman reincarnated. Michigan can have him.
  8. O

    Fornelli of cbssports.com sees UW as overrated...

    Just as UW hasn't played a down yet and may not deserve to be ranked 18th, RU hasn't played a down either, and may not deserve to be panned like they are. Petersen is a good coach, he's proven that. I have a feeling that Ash is going to be a good one, too. It's a lopsided argument to say that...
  9. O

    OT: Chicago Vacation

    Another poster mentioned Lou Mitchell's for breakfast - go there, it's an unassuming atmosphere with great food and their coffee is the best. Try Lawry's Prime Rib just off Michigan Ave. It's the old Governor's mansion. Best prime rib in the country, cut at your table the way you like it and...
  10. O

    OT: Cargo Shorts...

    For the women who hate cargo shorts - I'll quit buying them when women quit buying skin tight jeans with bling all over the butt. Because so many women who think they're being fashionable have more than ample real estate to display the bling, it sometimes looks like a full scale map of the...
  11. O

    Now that you have been in the B1G a few years, What are your thoughts?

    Even Iowa got a better deal than Rutgers? That's rich. I hope so. Maybe Rutgers could have gotten more if they had been a member of the conference for 117 years, too. You make it sound like Rutgers is carrying the whole Big Ten on their shoulders all by themselves in two short years. I don't...
  12. O

    Now that you have been in the B1G a few years, What are your thoughts?

    As an Iowa fan, I was really glad to see Rutgers become part of the Big Ten. It seemed a natural fit to me to have the team that played the first intercollegiate football game (1869) become a member of the oldest conference in the country (1896). I visit the Scarlet Nation board because it's...
  13. O

    OT- DO NOT upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10!

    I wouldn't switch to any new operating system until it's been out for a year or two and I'm certain it's a winner, like Windows XP and Windows 7, or a bust, like Windows Vista and Windows 8. Windows 10 created a lot of positive buzz, but it has a lot of privacy issues Microsoft doesn't want you...
  14. O

    B12 Expansion Is A GO

    I like OU and Kansas in the B1G, both in the West. East can take Purdue. Better yet, the Big XII can take Purdue and the B1G can finally nail down Notre Dame. But, NEVER TEXAS - NEVER. I think it would be just dessert if no P5 conference wanted toxic Texas. I'm glad Rutgers is where they are...
  15. O

    B12 Expansion Is A GO

    Don't even talk about Texas in the Big Ten. It would ruin the conference. Too much money and too much arrogance.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 Georgia vs. Alabama: Live updates, stats & game chat
  2. 02 On3 Football Shane Beamer's hot seat cooled Saturday as South Carolina buried Florida
  3. 03 On3 Football Mike Elko just made his biggest mistake as Texas A&M's head coach
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Beckham Black, CJ Rosser headline Saturday’s top performers at USA Basketball minicamp
  5. 05 On3 Football Ryan Coleman-Williams heads to locker room after injury in 1st half of Georgia vs. Alabama, cleared to return