Recent content by jwbigcreek

  1. J

    OT: Looking to get a new outside AC and need opinions

    Agree with this. Father in law is a retired HVAC guy & he says don't get too big of a unit. It won't run long enough to dry the air. Seems like there are online calculators to size your HVAC.
  2. J

    OT: MS Financial Advisors

    That's basically the approach I've taken up to this point. Just getting cold feet as I approach retirement :)
  3. J

    Old man question - how far can you drive without stopping?

    I can usually make the drive from Grenada to Huntsville & vice-versa without stopping (3.5 hours roughly). Joints tend to get a bit creaky though. Never had that issue until I hit 60.
  4. J

    How old are you and what do you do (or did do) for work?

    Sounds like releasing PII :) but 61 & rocket scientist (with EE degrees).
  5. J

    Zac Selmon Bulldog Update

    So far I like him. He does a good job pimping all our programs.
  6. J

    What is the first Alabama win you remember?

    Yep. I got into the stadium a little late & missed it. But there's a video of it somewhere. Looked terrible. I was going back to sleep at ex inlaws that night but my bammer friends that came had to drive back to Huntsville. Think they got home around 4 AM.
  7. J

    30 years 2 weeks ago, I was there....

    Nah that was 2000. And it was 3rd & 57 as someone linked below. Spurrier got his revenge the next year in Gainesville to the tune of 52-0.
  8. J

    I took a nap at 28-3

    I went out to my hunting land to put a stand together. Didn't check score until it was 43-28.
  9. J

    OT - Divorce/Family Law attorney in Huntsville, AL

    Mark McDaniel used to be considered one of the best. I used Leigh Daniel but it was basically uncontested.
  10. J

    Dak Magazine Covers

    Definitely was on American's mag.
  11. J

    How’s your work or business doing thread

    Gov't services. Some folks teleworking, but I haven't missed but one day I intended on working.
  12. J

    OT: Investment recovery

    Down 4.4% for the quarter on 401k. Fortunately ESOP was up quite a bit this year. Hopefully retirement is still in sight in a couple of years.
  13. J

    Harvey Hull subject of article in Clarke County Tribune

    Harvey was one of my heroes as a kid. Glad to see he's doing well.
  14. J

    Lets Do This aGAIN. What MSU sports personality did you have 1 on 1 interaction

    Best one was Elvis Butler Had American History with him & Kenny Rogers (of Scamgate fame) & several other athletes. The teacher asked us to name a recent conflict the U.S. had been involved in since Vietnam. He says "what about it Mr. Butler?" Elvis replied with "Uh, Nicaragua or somethin' like...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  2. 02 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  3. 03 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K’Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Texas, Arizona State & Ohio State among schools making a push for Top-30 2028 prospect Tai Bell