While I get your point, saying "if you play perfect the refs can't screw you" is a little unreasonable.
Kentucky played well enough to win. There were several objectively bad calls that went against us.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that Cal was a, if not the, driving force in setting up the Champions Classic. I doubt he sees it as a disservice to UK. Exposure, experience playing in regional and FF venues, etc, etc.
There's a lot of talk of what the athletic dept or university or BOT will or won't do, but I'll ask again. Where are the FANS that are upset? They have to be out there, right? I can say with certainty that the majority of UK fans would not stand behind this kind of behavior. That's not self...
I've been amazed the past couple of days with the response out of UL administration and fans regarding this whole thing. That Jurich is apparently standing behind Pitino on one level doesn't surprise me, but it's a big risk (unless he literally has nothing to fear from the President).
More to...
UNC's is worse in terms of the impact it had on the people that should be most important to the program--the players. They were quite literally cheated out of the education they were promised in return for playing sports at UNC. I don't really think the scandal at UofL caused any lasting damage...
No hate for Jones. Super entertaining. Tongue in cheek about the people that hang on everything he says.
Negative recruiting is not new. Coaches saying Cal might leave for the NBA isn't new. Rotating assistant coaches isn't new. Sometimes things just don't go your way, no need to make excuses...