I expect about the same record. I think the two pitchers mentioned in the OP represent a slight upgrade. Philpott seems far from ready. The offense is anemic tho. I would say say we are at or near the bottom of th league in BA as well as stealing defense. So improving the winning percentage...
I'm a season ticket holder and a big baseball fan. I watched all three Florida games. If we had ANY offense, we could have won the first two - we kept the Gator bats at bay. Gutsy performances by Gunther and Phillips. My takes overall - most of our pitchers pitch from behind and too many walks...
The best teams in the conference always have one thing in common - the best O and D lines. You'll always have injuries in the backfield. The best teams can put anyone back there and the holes will be the same. Saw it with Georgia yesterday running multiple backs thru big holes.
I've watched almost every game this season. This team is not as talented as most in the SEC, but they're definitely not playing up to their potential. It's past time to put the best nine on the field and stick with them. The coaching staff should know the best nine by now. The biggest issue tho...
After watching all the flops last week, it seems a rule needs to be considered in the off-season. One possible solution - if a player goes down and the game has to be stopped, they're not allowed back on the field for the rest of the quarter plus the next quarter. Any thoughts?
More time because you can't keep changing horses midstream. He's young. I believe he has potential and he will get there. It's a rare coach that inherits a team in shambles and turns it around in 4 years.
In the words of Mac Davis:
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble. Kentucky had a sloppy 2nd half, but our defense is stout and the offense improved! Gonna bring the sunglasses out coach?
It's waaay too early, one game into the season, to throw coaches under the bus. The mistakes last Saturday are very fixable. We've got some talent. Things are never as good or bad as they seem. Old Dominion may turn out better than most think. It does no good to talk about replacing a 1-0 coach...