Recent content by iohbird

  1. I

    The reason for not trying another QB...

    I don't know if it would work with Sellers and Woods on the field at the same time or platoon the two. The latter situation produced a 10-2 season for Joe Morrison in 1984 (Allen Mitchell and Mike Hold). With our secondary play, we need 40-50 points a game to win. No idea what's broken there.
  2. I

    Dual Quarterbacks

    Maybe it's time for the coaches to consider a dual qb system. It worked in 1984 - Joe Morrison started Allen Mitchell every game and at some point, he would bring in Mike Hold. The team went 10-2. It would take some pressure off Sellers. Cutter Woods is capable. And teams would have to prepare...
  3. I

    Baseball Cleaned House

    And an AD needs a different skill set that a coach.
  4. I

    Baseball Cleaned House

    He is 100% a top notch person. The timing was not right for him. Should've given him the HC position last year and he would've had a fair shake.
  5. I

    Baseball Coach Search

    Based on recent hires, I'm wary of all. Schnall has one more HC year under his belt so maybe lower risk.
  6. I

    Baseball Coach Search

    garnetandcocky.com threw other names out: Mike Maguire - Winthrop Landon Powel - North Greenville Justin Parker - Mississippi State assistant
  7. I

    Baseball Coach Search

    You're right, thanks. I didn't catch it - newspaper had the numbers wrong. Should be 133–88 (.602) over 4 years as a HC. That math is mathin' better.
  8. I

    Baseball Coach Search

    The only information I've seen was in The State today, the 3 candidates mentioned are Schnall. Fitzgerald, and Ramsey @ Georgia Tech. Ramsey seems high risk. He's 45-9 after 1 year at Tech. He's 36 yo, he was an assistant there, and inherited a very good team. Either of the other two seem to be...
  9. I

    Baseball

    I watched them against CoC in Charleston in the fall. I think pitching and defense are vastly improved. Those two facets can keep you in games. There's a good chance that Hollins won't start on Friday due to his injury - that's the bad news.
  10. I

    Spring Game

    It's been announced that the spring game may not happen due to construction at Williams Brice. Is there another venue in Columbia that could accommodate? I don't think the stadium is usually full for this game.
  11. I

    Build for 2026

    It seems that it's a consensus view that to build for next year, we MUST: 1. add 1-2 running backs that could contribute immediately and add depth. 2. build a offensive line that can protect Sellers and open massive holes that may make the running back problem obsolete. I don't know if...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 On3 Football Urban Meyer blasts Michigan offense for lack of NFL talent: 'I don’t see first-rounders out there'
  5. 05 On3 Football Nebraska RB Jamal Rule is 'back' for Indiana matchup after missing Week 5 game with ankle injury