Recent content by HAWKNESS

  1. H

    Start of Game(s)

    I haven't always hated starting with the ball. If you can drive field and get points I like the psychological advantage it can have. Minnesota of last year for example we did that and it snowballed for them. but mostly last 2 years in big games we've completely shot ourselves in foot to start...
  2. H

    Start of Game(s)

    I know everyone here is taking a loss to an elite team rationally and calmly but I do want to bring attention to a problem going back to last year. The start of games. Especially the bigger the game. For whatever reason we play very poorly out of the gates often digging a hole. Why do you think...
  3. H

    Do we have the worst offense in BIG (again)?

    Idk. At no time did I think we'd have sustained success running the ball. In p4 games we're averaging about 2.5 yards a carry and that's with most of those coming on 1st and 10. If it's 3rd or 4th and short I'd have no confidence handing it off
  4. H

    I like Moulton but he’s not a RB1

    Maybe I just haven't seen Philips enough. Jackson pops when he's out there and I think this team needs to be pass first which is crazy to think about.
  5. H

    I like Moulton but he’s not a RB1

    With the offensive line way it is I'm not sure any guy on team looks like rb1 right now. Having said that given current situation I think Jackson would be best back for current team. I'd utilize him in passing game a lot. We tossed short dumpoff to him late in 3rd and he got 12 yards real quick.
  6. H

    Do we have the worst offense in BIG (again)?

    The offense right now has taken a step back which is disappointing but imo there's more pieces than offensive challenged teams of recent years. Be a big 2nd half for Lester. Imo the strength is that we have some weapons we don't always have in diaz, vander Zee, TE group and Jackson
  7. H

    This was probably always going to be a loss, but the concerning thing is

    Just matters in terms of what goal is. If it's playoffs which maybe unrealistic I'd be concerned. If it's 7-8 wins I think we'll be ok
  8. H

    This was probably always going to be a loss, but the concerning thing is

    We totally outplayed them yes
  9. H

    This was probably always going to be a loss, but the concerning thing is

    If Bten west was still a thing it'd be incredibly competitive this year
  10. H

    This was probably always going to be a loss, but the concerning thing is

    Nebraska being playoff caliber is probably a stretch. Otherwise I think 7-8 wins is more realistic than 9-10 honestly. couldn't afford offense to take a step back this year with all the new starters on defense and I think that's what happened.
  11. H

    *****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    See
  12. H

    *****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    I disagree Hank is not playing confidently and really not seeing the field he's locking on to 1 target right now. It's hard to see him settling down in middle of 3rd quarter
  13. H

    How I'm feeling about the Hawkeyes on Saturday

    We haven't had a game that we got all the breaks in almost a full week now
  14. H

    Extra ANF podcast keys to the game

    I almost would be inclined to give up the run a little bit to avoid the big chunk passes to Smith. Maybe you play Wallace more on early downs. Ohio State is great at getting big chunks from air. I think if you limit those you can make them play a different game than they're accustomed to and...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  2. 02 On3 Football UCLA is learning why Bob Chesney has won throughout his career
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College Football Predictions: McMurphy's best Week 6 trades
  4. 04 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  5. 05 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 6 updates at Cal, Georgia, Tennessee & more