Recent content by anon1791056110

  1. A

    Class 4 Region D: Mid-season (almost) Ratings Points Projections

    Yes, it has become quite tiresome having the Spartans sent on the road simply because the unholy trinity of Cave Spring, Christiansburg, and Hidden Valley can’t come up with more than five or six wins among them. CS might win five or six by themselves this year, but only because Blacksburg is in...
  2. A

    Class 4 Region D: Mid-season (almost) Ratings Points Projections

    Nice post with good points. As I stated, I primarily did this whole exercise because I was very curious as to how Salem would fare if all four of those teams went undefeated. For that purpose, I assumed Handley finishes 10-0. I’d say there’s no question you know more about the Winchester-area...
  3. A

    Class 4 Region D: Mid-season (almost) Ratings Points Projections

    I got to wondering how the seedings might shake out for Class 4 Region D, in view of the strong possibility that there could be four teams with 10-0 records and another at 9-1. Specifically, as a Salem fan, I was concerned that Salem’s opponents’ (with the exceptions of PH and Dinwiddie)...
  4. A

    Region4D

    Appreciate the info on the Winchester-area teams. What school offered the Handley quarterback?
  5. A

    Region4D

    Handley and Sherando are also both 4-0. They will play each other in the regular season. Handley gave JF a good game in the regional semis last year, so I suspect they are for real. In the thirteen seasons since GW dropped to what is now called Class 4, they have reached the regional...
  6. A

    Salem 38, Dinwiddie 14

    Great effort by Salem tonight. Aside from a dropped TD pass in the end zone and a botched punt return, both in the first half, not too much to criticize about the Spartans’ performance. The defense was outstanding; such an incredible turnaround from last year on that end of the field. I dare...
  7. A

    Dinwiddie vs Salem

    I heard Overstreet is “dinged up” a bit. He dressed out and warmed up, so I guess he could’ve played if absolutely necessary. Fortunately, they didn’t need him. Oliver did a great job at qb. Had a sure TD pass dropped.
  8. A

    Dinwiddie vs Salem

    As a Spartan fan, it would be nice to see Salem finally win one of these regular season marquee matchups. Since 2017, Salem’s 0-8 against Dinwiddie (0-3), Martinsburg (0-3), and LCA (0-2). Through the first three weeks of the regular season, both the Spartans and Generals have played the same...
  9. A

    What’s teams had the best talent but worse record in recent history ?

    Yeah, I don’t agree with the OP’s premise as laid out in their first sentence. And the 2023 Spartans don’t belong in this conversation. Yes, it was disappointing they didn’t win the state, but they are still among the top seven or eight teams in school history, IMHO. Aside from two narrow losses...
  10. A

    What’s teams had the best talent but worse record in recent history ?

    The regular season meeting with Byrd in 2016. That was an important win for Salem, coming off of an open week after a very disappointing season-opening loss to Amherst. We didn’t realize at the time how good that Byrd team was. They would finish 10-2, with both losses being narrow ones to the...
  11. A

    2025 Playoff Pick'em - Championships

    What’s the source of these lines? No gripe, just curious. Thanks.
  12. A

    Armstrong High School with a…

    Yes, Marshall-Walker was the one I couldn’t remember.
  13. A

    Armstrong High School with a…

    I seem to recall in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, the Richmond city schools combined their sports teams, I suppose for budgetary reasons. If I have this correct, the schools didn’t consolidate, the teams from different schools just combined to compete together as one entity. So there was...
  14. A

    Questions for those with knowledge of SWVA!

    Great summary of an awesome trip. The pleasure was all mine. I don’t think I live up to your kind words, but I sure do appreciate them.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting LSU intel: Where things stand with Easton Royal, Ahmad Hudson, more flip targets; Tigers pacing for an elite 2028 recruiting class