Recent content by 93hawkeye

  1. 93hawkeye

    Time to retire the black pants (at least for the rest of the season)

    Not a fan of the team, but I really like the simplicity of the Notre Dame's unis. Gold pants without a stripe. Blue or white shirts without busy stripes.
  2. 93hawkeye

    Despite the game, GameDay in Iowa City was a histrionic success

    Yeah, 3rd most watched episode, meaning LOTS of people took in the hype, superlatives, over-analysis, hot takes and self-importance that makes CGD sickly sweet
  3. 93hawkeye

    2 point conversion after 2nd touchdown against Ohio St

    the flip side of this is: put that play on tape so other teams have to account for that guy in defensive coverage. Take eyes and reaction time off the usual ball handlers
  4. 93hawkeye

    Brown is 16th or 17th best BIG QB

    based on what? 12 team playoff means you think the Hawks are one of the 12 best and can 'make a run', meaning win playoff games. I don't understand where you're getting that.
  5. 93hawkeye

    Reality hits like a ton of bricks

    New QB, multiple new OL and DL, new LBs. Nearly the same talent level of what they replaced, but they're less experienced. I didn't and still don't understand the playoff expectations/hope
  6. 93hawkeye

    Reality hits like a ton of bricks

    absolutely this
  7. 93hawkeye

    Time to retire the black pants (at least for the rest of the season)

    I reeeeaaalllllyyyyy do't like yellow pants. Keep the black ones. Not worried about superstition
  8. 93hawkeye

    Iowa St Nittany Lions vs Northwestern Wildcats

    NW is a tough out this year. Hawks don't any games that look like gimmees this year, except Purdue
  9. 93hawkeye

    Kirk probably hating all this attention?

    I don't think KF is losing sleep. But if he's bothered, he should have known by now he shouldn't try to win high profile B10 football games.
  10. 93hawkeye

    How I'm feeling about the Hawkeyes on Saturday

    Ohio State wins by 20 is how I'm feeling. I don't want to feel that way, but the talent differential is too great.
  11. 93hawkeye

    24-team playoff discussions

    More games, more TV revenue, more gambling, yaaaaay. I long for the day when there's a 48-team, round robin tournament. Who cares 20-year old bodies can break with overuse? Who cares some of those kids are actually trying to study something challenging?
  12. 93hawkeye

    Is Penn State Really Just Iowa State Masquarading as Penn State?

    OhSt is probably not as good as last year. nor Oregon, nor Indy, nor USC, nor Illinois Wisky is better than last year. As is UCLA and NW. And there's a jumble of teams in the middle like Iowa, Minny, Nebby, Michigan PSU this may be the least predictable B10 Fball season we've seen
  13. 93hawkeye

    What's the problem with the iowa run game ?

    this. I also don't think our RBs are especially talented. They are taking about what the defense gives them...not creating alot of extra yardarge on their own.
  14. 93hawkeye

    10-2 should NOW be the goal / hope for IOWA fans

    As fans that have nothing to do with affecting the outcome, I understand "hope". I don't understand "goal". And, we can't really assume the breaks will go Iowa's way in every close game. Still a fun ride, though
  15. 93hawkeye

    In reality, we had 384 yards

    I suppose it's useful to separate out passing yds allowed and rush yds allowed to measure defensive production. But, yeah, all yards contribute to the outcome of the game...returns, penalties, net punting, etc.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  2. 02 Sports Predictions College Football Predictions: McMurphy's best Week 6 trades
  3. 03 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 6 updates at Cal, Georgia, Tennessee & more
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Arizona, SMU leading the way for coveted 4-star EDGE