Saturday @ the Smith vs Madison game they announced & Awarded the Class 6 ALL Region C & D players before the game it was a nice thing to see those players receive that kind of recognition! (Smith players were recognized by the anouncer, too).
BUT, the 757, i don't think I remember...
they stopped all the passes in the end zone. coulda had a couple interceptions. i was e surprized they didn't try a sweep run with #8 for any of those plays.
Matt did a wonderful job with his coverage for this game on his Scorebard thread. And someone, matt?, posted the stat sheet for this game on facebook. I'm a Smith homer that's living near WV& MD now. I'm glad I came down for this game & now have a much shorter trip next week!
As Matt noted...
After the game, there where 3 kids that repeatedly where also slamming their helmets as if they where trying to break them. Didn't affect the game but it wasn't a good look for a proud team that had another great season.
Believe me, I remember those OT losses to Westfield & there were probably...