I know everyone thinks Fox is a lock, but I think it is likely the PG spot is not wide open for him. I will be surprised if all three of Ulis, Murray, and Briscoe enter draft next year.
I think most of the reason Monk is waiting until the spring to announce is because he knows he wants to come to UK but doesn't wanna put up with the ******** of fans in Arkansas during his high school season.
been adamant all along that it'll be a spring decision. No reason to not believe him.
Honestly think we were just a place holder for Bolden. Wanted UK or Duke most of all and was probably gonna wait as long as it takes. Seems to be a plan B or C for UK. Appears to be a much higher priority for Duke but still questions of his place on roster with all they have already. If he doesn't pick Duke or UK then believe it will be Alabama.
Would be shocked if Bolden picked KU. Think that ship sailed. Think we have a much better chance with Azubuike although think that's less than 50%.
Now I'm depressed. This class is turning into a dumpster fire for us.
Exactly for most they're just guessing, but the commitment news i gave you guys was obviously not a guess and this thread i created was also stuff i heard from the same place therefore its pretty easy to assume its gonna be true unless something changes which if it does ill be the first to inform you. A couple people on this board now know how I am getting my information so they can verify the credibility but as for the "guessing part" that normally takes place, that is true most people have no clue and just guess based off what others are saying unless their lucky enough to get close to someone that knows the kid or the kid.. Like fischer got pretty close with Wenyen and I'm pretty sure he was in the know.. its all really interesting business.After our latest commitment, i think it's pretty obvious not many really know what they're talking about. It's all just educated guessing.
Looks like Monk is going to save Anderson's job for one more year at least.
Maybe he leads them to the NIT before heading to the pros. If he is happy with that, then so be it. Good luck to him.
I kind of wish Arkansas had some other players to go with him, it's going to be a shame to watch his talent wasted in Fayetteville, where he isn't likely to have any help. At least he will get all the shots he wants.
I'm not saying we get Monk.
We do have 2 of the top 3 Juco players committed in Daryl Macon and Jaylen Barford and Jimmy Whitt will be a Sophomore. Pretty good backcourt already even if Monk goes to UK.
I still wouldn't expect him to make any decision before spring.
If he were to pick UK in the fall along with Fox, however, I'd have wood for a few months. Wouldn't even call a doctor.
Fox was done to UK the minute they offered. Shared that months ago and before he was offered.
Monk is a heavy UK lean.
Bolden is one of the most overrated players in this loaded class. Soft, poor rebounder, and non existent defensive presence. Was told UK really not interested. We'll see how it unfolds but relationship with Jeff Webster is why UK/Duke so high--Capel being at OU and Webster a former OU guy was Duke in and obviously Julius Randle connection with UK.
Bam Adebayo's handlers and people have been told to go to UK by various industry people. Gottfried better close deal this weekend or he'll slip away. That's why he's going "all in" for this weekend. If Bam doesn't pull trigger this weekend or soon after--UK will get him.
Rawle Alkins has grade/eligibility issues--need to be dealt with which is why UK is in wait and see mode. He'll be a Spring target if he can get that cleared up.
I think most of the reason Monk is waiting until the spring to announce is because he knows he wants to come to UK but doesn't wanna put up with the ******** of fans in Arkansas during his high school season.
It's easy to think about playing for the hogs right now. So much time left in his recruitment. You don't want to piss of the fans of the state you're playing in. Give the home state fans good vibes until your highschool career is over and then give them the bad news. When it's time to make a decision, i think it will be us. With his basketball future on the line here, i don't think he or his family will want to risk anything. Monk playing for Cal is a lot safer than playing for Anderson. He may choose the hogs, but i still think he's ours. A backcourt of Fox and Monk will be too good to pass up for the Monk family. I think they will look at the rosters and see which roster is best suited for his game and that roster will be ours. Even with Monk at Ark, the odds of them even making the tourney won't be that good. Here at Kentucky, he will compete for final fours and national championships. Let's hope that matters to this kid.
KSR Football
Can Kentucky Take Down Jimmy Greenbeans?
KSR Football
We're Stormin' Norman with the KSR Pregame Show. Tune in now.
KSR Football
Stat Superlatives: Kentucky vs. Oklahoma
KSR Football
Five Things You Need to Know About the Oklahoma Sooners
KSR Football
Promises Made, Promises Kept: Will Stein and CJ Baxter are Delivering