You have two new alerts

Orange Jennyslipper

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2005
9,673
2,021
0
Wut?

What the hell are "alerts" and how do I find them? I have been wondering this for months. I always just go to the threads in which I have posted but I've never found anything that rises to the level of an "alert."

Is there some special place I should go that will tell me where these precious alerts are?

I thought if I included @AggiesBoy in a post, that person would get a lert, as we used to say, be alert! America needs more lerts. But when I get an alert, I never find an @me anywhere, and when I do find an @me, I didn't get an alert message.

Just pulling myself into the Twenty-First Century.
 

ThorOdinson13

All-American
Apr 4, 2005
20,110
6,821
46
Wut?

What the hell are "alerts" and how do I find them? I have been wondering this for months. I always just go to the threads in which I have posted but I've never found anything that rises to the level of an "alert."

Is there some special place I should go that will tell me where these precious alerts are?

I thought if I included @AggiesBoy in a post, that person would get a lert, as we used to say, be alert! America needs more lerts. But when I get an alert, I never find an @me anywhere, and when I do find an @me, I didn't get an alert message.

Just pulling myself into the Twenty-First Century.


Please don't take this wrong but...... Satire or real life?
 

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,593
49,997
113
Wut?

What the hell are "alerts" and how do I find them? I have been wondering this for months. I always just go to the threads in which I have posted but I've never found anything that rises to the level of an "alert."

Is there some special place I should go that will tell me where these precious alerts are?

I thought if I included @AggiesBoy in a post, that person would get a lert, as we used to say, be alert! America needs more lerts. But when I get an alert, I never find an @me anywhere, and when I do find an @me, I didn't get an alert message.

Just pulling myself into the Twenty-First Century.

I am assuming that you mostly access the site on your mobile phone and the red box that tallies your "alerts" is very small. If you are on a laptop, you should see a flag in the upper right corner with a red box with a number in it. That is keeping track of your alerts. If someone "likes" one of your posts, you get a new "alert" if someone responds to a thread you have posted in, you get an "alert". If you hover your cursor over the red box, a list of your alerts will pop up and you can click on the particular one you want. When you open the window to list your "alerts", the number is reset to zero...until you get your next "alert".
 
  • Like
Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper

Orange Jennyslipper

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2005
9,673
2,021
0
Thanks, Been, I'll fire up the old desktop and have a look. I had tried to open the red block on my phone a long time ago. It wouldn't open, and I went back into my tunnel-vision mode and didn't think any more about it. Just now opened it. Cool stuff under there.

Thor, I'm not smart enough for satire. Now, mixed messages, I can do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThorOdinson13

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,142
10,516
113
The phone app (android) handles alerts horribly. When I get an a notification and click it it just opens the app, doesnt go to the boards or to the message the alert is for. Does the app even have the little red block? I know the mobile website does, but I've never seen it on the app.
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,043
19,191
113
The phone app (android) handles alerts horribly. When I get an a notification and click it it just opens the app, doesnt go to the boards or to the message the alert is for. Does the app even have the little red block? I know the mobile website does, but I've never seen it on the app.
I can't use the app on droid at all. I login and it boots me to the main rival's page repeatedly. Never was able to use it. I just use the mobile website. Works fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sbaPoke

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,142
10,516
113
Old people gonna old.

 
  • Like
Reactions: CBradSmith

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,437
91,287
103
It means Fred has put you on notice. Let's just say you never see the third alert because you are already gone.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Pop Warner to Boone Pickens: Mestemaker and Coleman's lifelong friendship