What day would the Super Regionals start

Tracer Bullet

Redshirt
Jul 30, 2018
61
4
8
Are the days pre-set for Friday and Saturday starts, or do they decided that after the regionals are complete?
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,466
21,989
113
It's either starting Friday or Saturday. I think the regionals have to be finished by Tuesday. If the regional isn't finished, the rules are Appendix H...

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ch...eball/d1/2020-21D1MBA_PrelimHostOpsManual.pdf

I think we are guaranteed to move on if it doesn't finish because we own all tiebreakers.

Edit to add - I was wrong above. Campbell could advance if we make it to a game 7 because they would be 1-0 against State.
 
Last edited:

kphall11

All-Conference
Apr 8, 2013
1,830
1,657
93
Half go Friday through Saturday and other half Saturday through Monday.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Half go Friday through Saturday and other half Saturday through Monday.

Correct. I also think they make some effort, to the best of their ability, to get late finishing regional winners (due to weather) in the Saturday - Monday slots.
 

G-Dawg

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2012
1,188
102
63
Because if there's any way the dead injuns could get us, it would be for us to only lose one game but Campbell go to the Supers instead of us. Only thing worse would be that ND lost their regional and we would have to host a super without the dogs playing.
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
G-Dawg;[URL="tel:1919884" said:
1919884[/URL]]Because if there's any way the dead injuns could get us, it would be for us to only lose one game but Campbell go to the Supers instead of us. Only thing worse would be that ND lost their regional and we would have to host a super without the dogs playing.


I wasn’t trying to be a smartass but if you’re going to use your own quote at least get it correct, there is no “had” in your original quote, which you fixed in your reply. Like I said I don’t care, but if you are going to use your quotes to make a point then get your quote correct.
 

G-Dawg

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2012
1,188
102
63
Nor was I. I've been in the Four Roses. Cut me some slack. You're supposed to know what I meant! ***
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State