I don't work for free, and I don't judge athletes that do either.
My sophomore year roommate was a Computer Science major, he got a summer job, at the end of the summer, the company offered him $75k a year to work full time. Should he have stayed in college or taken the job?
Why are athletes any different?
tell him to take it , & get the 17 out!
****!
You act like he is not mocked at 35.We are talking about DJ Stewart, not Issac Stansbury.
And he can make $$$ in europe, they don't play for free there either.
And he can still come back.
And how is it "short sighted" to take the money now? Again, assuming the the value of his scholarship is $90,000 a year, he has been told he can get 10x that money next year. Or he can wait a year and might be able to do it again, if nothing bad happens.
If I was told a company wanted to interview me, they liked me for the job, and it payed 10x what i was making, I'd look into it.
If you wouldn't you are an idiot
The NBA minimum is $900k a year.
If i offered you the ability to live in a dorm and free food, vs getting $900k Which would you do?
Some of you make really dumb financial decisions for other people.
I would still argue to stay in school. He most likely got that offer because he was good. A degree won’t change that. I am a high school drop out with A GED and I make more than that but... my skills could have taken me much farther with a degree. My advancement ends at a certain point because I won’t even be considered for positions since I don’t have a degree.damn, that’s a strong *** offer for someone without a degree**
I would still argue to stay in school. He most likely got that offer because he was good. A degree won’t change that. I am a high school drop out with A GED and I make more than that but... my skills could have taken me much farther with a degree. My advancement ends at a certain point because I won’t even be considered for positions since I don’t have a degree.
If His buddy stayed, got his degree and he could top out much much higher than 75,000.
Some would say take that 75,000 now but it will limit his earning later in life. That is unless you own the place.
damn, that’s a strong *** offer for someone without a degree**
I would still argue to stay in school. He most likely got that offer because he was good. A degree won’t change that. I am a high school drop out with A GED and I make more than that but... my skills could have taken me much farther with a degree. My advancement ends at a certain point because I won’t even be considered for positions since I don’t have a degree.
If His buddy stayed, got his degree and he could top out much much higher than 75,000.
Some would say take that 75,000 now but it will limit his earning later in life. That is unless you own the place.
Maroon and White
Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
Maroon and White Football
"Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
Maroon and White Football
SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more