We run the sip hat

Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
“The EB is just another game to us, but it is the super bowl for MSU!!1!1! We should just leave the trophy on the field, because we do not care about this game!!1!11! State has made this rivalry too toxic with all their **** talking1!!1!!1”- OM fan as he buys his commemorative EB win hat.

Weird how when State wins, OM does not care and the rivalry is too toxic- but then when OM wins, official OM accounts are trolling like crazy and Kiffin says his players are celebrating like they “won the super bowl.”
 

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
So what I am hearing is when our side wins then everything is “too toxic” and not civil but when their side wins then we should all be civil and come together.

Hmmmm....I have heard something similar recently but I just can’t put my finger on it.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,333
12,320
113
This douche look coming to an Academy Sports mannequin near you.
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,765
2,530
113
It’s hilarious how excited ole miss fans are of winning a game against a team they do not care about who he less than 50 scholarship players available. And even with all of that it still came down to the end
 

BossDawg78

All-Conference
Jan 25, 2015
3,994
1,257
113
That's a weird bunch. Almost like a cult. They took their little ****** team, won an EB that came down to the wire and suddenly they're all about the state of Mississippi. Ask them any other time and they are egotistically too far above the state to be associated with it.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Do any of Y'all remember 2017 when Ole Miss did the "Only Bowl That Matters" T-shirts? If not, I'm including a photo because "photos or It Didn't Happen" rule applies.

View attachment 18832

In fairness, the schools don’t typically make those shirts. It’s places like Reed’s that just want to capitalize on how stupid a portion of each fanbase is. And after checking my closet to make sure I don’t own one, I can safely say that I would make fun of anyone I saw wearing that shirt, also.

On the real rival thing - I’ve stated many times on this and OMSpirit Board that that’s just not true. Until you absolutely own a rivalry, you can’t move on to a rivalry that you are currently getting owned in (LSU). So, I highly doubt there will be a point in my lifetime that MSU is not our real rival.

I do know some older Ole Miss fans who truly view LSU as our rival, because maybe they grew up in days where the Egg Bowl wasn’t as competitive, I don’t know? But, even they took the game versus MSU very serious and very personal.

There’s a large portion of the Ole Miss fan base that has a very weird superiority complex, and it’s weird. I’ll grant you that. I have called a few out over it, over the years. There’s also a large portion of the fan base that thinks it’s funny to say that to y’all because it makes you mad. I’ve been guilty of that.

Like I said in a post on here last week - I am very much on the side “leave the trophy on the field”. But it’s not because I think we are too good for it. That’s laughable. It’s because I know how mad it will make a large portion of the MSU fan base and I think mad rival fans are funny.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,909
17,226
113
I like it. I’d wear that hat if we had won. I think that kind of stuff makes the rivalry more fun.
 
Aug 22, 2012
2,761
1
31
There’s a large portion of the Ole Miss fan base that has a very weird superiority complex, and it’s weird. I’ll grant you that.

What makes it weird is that athletics program-wise there is not one single thing Ole Miss does better than State. I'm not just saying that as a State fan. Check the records. Since 1992 (when the SEC when to 12 teams) there's not one accomplishment Ole Miss has that State doesn't have in greater abundance. I'm pretty sure we're winning every series in every major sport as well. The idea that Ole Miss is the flagship anything should be in the dictionary under gaslighting.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
What makes it weird is that athletics program-wise there is not one single thing Ole Miss does better than State. I'm not just saying that as a State fan. Check the records. Since 1992 (when the SEC when to 12 teams) there's not one accomplishment Ole Miss has that State doesn't have in greater abundance. I'm pretty sure we're winning every series in every major sport as well. The idea that Ole Miss is the flagship anything should be in the dictionary under gaslighting.

I more or less said the same thing. Us saying we are above y’all, athletically, is laughable. I agree with you. I’d love to reach that point, but we’ve got a WAYS to go.

I’m excited about the coaches we have in the 3 important sports, currently, and that’s been rare during my lifetime. But my excitement doesn’t equal results. If it did, we’d be Alabama football and Duke basketball.

As far as the flagship deal, it’s petty and stupid. By definition, Ole Miss is the flagship university in the state. Which doesn’t mean jackshit, but when Freeze pointed it out it made you all mad as hell so the fan base and administration ran with it. Which is the exact same thing that happened, in reverse, when Mullen started the TSUN deal. It wasn’t until Ole Miss kind of embraced it, that it died down. Until that happens, you’ll likely keep hearing it from a large portion of the Ole Miss fan base. You won’t hear it from me because I’m an adult and I recognize my place here, and most of you have been extremely pleasant and funny when interacting with me. But, if you let that get under your skin, I feel like that’s a you problem, and I don’t mean that to be a jerk, I’m just saying who gives a ****?
 
Nov 16, 2012
2,481
2
0
I more or less said the same thing. Us saying we are above y’all, athletically, is laughable. I agree with you. I’d love to reach that point, but we’ve got a WAYS to go.

I’m excited about the coaches we have in the 3 important sports, currently, and that’s been rare during my lifetime. But my excitement doesn’t equal results. If it did, we’d be Alabama football and Duke basketball.

As far as the flagship deal, it’s petty and stupid. By definition, Ole Miss is the flagship university in the state. Which doesn’t mean jackshit, but when Freeze pointed it out it made you all mad as hell so the fan base and administration ran with it. Which is the exact same thing that happened, in reverse, when Mullen started the TSUN deal. It wasn’t until Ole Miss kind of embraced it, that it died down. Until that happens, you’ll likely keep hearing it from a large portion of the Ole Miss fan base. You won’t hear it from me because I’m an adult and I recognize my place here, and most of you have been extremely pleasant and funny when interacting with me. But, if you let that get under your skin, I feel like that’s a you problem, and I don’t mean that to be a jerk, I’m just saying who gives a ****?

Thumbs up!!!

I’ve always been a lane fan and him being at um Makes me not hate that flock of dbags as much. Plus I used to watch his 2.0
Show all the time.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,193
5,731
113
I more or less said the same thing. Us saying we are above y’all, athletically, is laughable. I agree with you. I’d love to reach that point, but we’ve got a WAYS to go.

I’m excited about the coaches we have in the 3 important sports, currently, and that’s been rare during my lifetime. But my excitement doesn’t equal results. If it did, we’d be Alabama football and Duke basketball.

As far as the flagship deal, it’s petty and stupid. By definition, Ole Miss is the flagship university in the state. Which doesn’t mean jackshit, but when Freeze pointed it out it made you all mad as hell so the fan base and administration ran with it. Which is the exact same thing that happened, in reverse, when Mullen started the TSUN deal. It wasn’t until Ole Miss kind of embraced it, that it died down. Until that happens, you’ll likely keep hearing it from a large portion of the Ole Miss fan base. You won’t hear it from me because I’m an adult and I recognize my place here, and most of you have been extremely pleasant and funny when interacting with me. But, if you let that get under your skin, I feel like that’s a you problem, and I don’t mean that to be a jerk, I’m just saying who gives a ****?
No, it isn't. We really don't have a flagship university because of the IHL system. Even on an unofficial basis we don't have one b/c both universities with the potential to establish themselves as an unofficial flagship have been too busy being run by bumbling 17sticks adept enough at 17ing up that they can still step on their undersized units, and the common characteristics that tend to be associated with "flagship" (e.g, oldest, largest, land grant, home of medical and law school, etc.) are split between the schools.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
No, it isn't. We really don't have a flagship university because of the IHL system. Even on an unofficial basis we don't have one b/c both universities with the potential to establish themselves as an unofficial flagship have been too busy being run by bumbling 17sticks adept enough at 17ing up that they can still step on their undersized units, and the common characteristics that tend to be associated with "flagship" (e.g, oldest, largest, land grant, home of medical and law school, etc.) are split between the schools.

That’s fair. The IHL is terrible. But, regardless, it doesn’t matter. It’s semantics.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation