We need to stick with the grey pinstripes

eckie1

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2007
4,065
4,222
113
I don’t mind the nickelblacks....

on Sundays as opposed to the Nickleblacks

But our grey pinstripes are some of the sharpest uniforms in most any sport I’ve ever seen. Pro, amateur, anything.
 
Sep 25, 2013
1,627
0
0
on Sundays as opposed to the Nickleblacks

I’m all for wearing what the players want in all of our sports but those black uniforms are some of the ugliest in sports anywhere. We have outstanding baseball history and uniforms and it’s nice to see the change on Sunday uniforms.
 

Hump4Hoops

Redshirt
May 1, 2010
6,611
13
38
To clarify, this was an exclamation, not an endorsement.

I would downvote my own post if I could. The shorts look silly - but hey, baseball players do weird things.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I’m all for wearing what the players want in all of our sports but those black uniforms are some of the ugliest in sports anywhere. We have outstanding baseball history and uniforms and it’s nice to see the change on Sunday uniforms.

Two weeks in a row with no black jerseys in sight, kinda does seem like they are being phased out. And I get that they were popular for a couple of years, the 2018 and 2019 teams had some serious mojo wearing those things for whatever reason. But for me it’s the simple fact that all of our maroon, white, and gray uniforms look FANTASTIC and are great modern takes on several uniforms that have historical significance, and then when we put on the black unis it just feels like an unnecessary departure from what we already have working
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Two weeks in a row with no black jerseys in sight, kinda does seem like they are being phased out. And I get that they were popular for a couple of years, the 2018 and 2019 teams had some serious mojo wearing those things for whatever reason. But for me it’s the simple fact that all of our maroon, white, and gray uniforms look FANTASTIC and are great modern takes on several uniforms that have historical significance, and then when we put on the black unis it just feels like an unnecessary departure from what we already have working

Hope you are right about them being phased out. Never have cared for them. Especially since they don't even have a little bit of maroon in them.
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
I’d like to see them saved for post season or when we need a little something extra one weekend. As you said, I know we had positive mojo with them in the past, weren’t we in black for the clinching game at Vandy in a Super as well as the “banana” game? Seems like we were anyway, but that pinstripe is such a banned word, dare I say “classy”
 

Reunion Dog

Redshirt
Aug 26, 2012
193
1
0
Grey pinstripe is our best uniform in any sport we play in...

Burn those black pos...

Make basketball uniforms pinstripe too. Old Orlando were STUNNING!
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know