Vietnam War - Ken Burns

nathajw

Heisman
Mar 20, 2007
106,638
15,378
113
SIAP but if you haven't watched this and enjoy documentaries then you're really really missing out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Duke

csh

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
16,036
3,279
113
Agreed. I liked the amount of time they devoted to the post ww2 climate. I may binge through it again someday, as I originally watched on PBS at a really slow rate
 
  • Like
Reactions: CarrolltonPoke

knoblock

Heisman
Jun 2, 2008
78,637
21,739
0
SIAP but if you haven't watched this and enjoy documentaries then you're really really missing out.
Watched all of them when they first came out.
Probably a 30 page (or more) thread on the series on tMB at that time. Don't know if it can be retrieved. Included several people that were there and an excellent young Vietnam historian from bama.... believe it or not..
One poster was a Special Forces - behind the lines guy that had some good stories. He still posts there on occasion about sports.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: nathajw

CarrolltonPoke

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
6,155
3,988
113
Agreed. I liked the amount of time they devoted to the post ww2 climate. I may binge through it again someday, as I originally watched on PBS at a really slow rate
I couldn't agree more on this. The first episode that set the backdrop for the war was fantastic and included a lot of information that I did not know or had forgotten.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  3. 03 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers