This will be a "Cool" night at Dudy Noble Field

Sep 7, 2012
830
685
73
You can google Cool Papa Bell interview and listen to about a 30 minute interview, mostly about his childhood, by a representative of the Baseball Hall of Fame....
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
After his career wasn’t he so poor he was a janitor somewhere in St Louis? I believe when the Cardinal’s found out about it they gave him a job working for them.
 

MeridianDog

Freshman
Sep 3, 2008
3,226
80
48
Good night for Cool Papa Bell. What a loss to baseball occurred as the result of so many black players missing out on time in the majors.
 
Sep 7, 2012
830
685
73
I believe the Cardinals gave him a job scouting, although I am not sure how much scouting he really did. He never made a whole lot of money from playing ball. Nevertheless, from all accounts, Cool Papa was as good a person as he was a ballplayer. So glad to see him recognized like this in his hometown...
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,827
2,955
113
I believe the Cardinals gave him a job scouting, although I am not sure how much scouting he really did. He never made a whole lot of money from playing ball. Nevertheless, from all accounts, Cool Papa was as good a person as he was a ballplayer. So glad to see him recognized like this in his hometown...

Does he still have any family in the area or will any be able to attend from out of town?
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four