The Masters 2021 - Who wins it?

Nov 12, 2007
26,008
10,158
113
Matsuyama is poised to become a super hero in Japan with a four stroke lead but can he do it? The wind is getting up today so who does that favor or hurt with the last day nerves?

We probably will have our first Japanese champ. All he has to do is shoot 72 and I think he wins.

Rose or Speith may challenge and I love the new kid on the green Zaltoris.
 

goindhoo

Senior
Feb 29, 2008
1,271
435
83
Pulling for Zalatoris. Gonna be tough to catch hideki. He wins if he shoots 70
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,269
24,356
113
It’s anybody’s to win. Hideki pushed his first tee shot bigtime.

Zalatoris is almost fearless. I’ve been impressed.
 
Last edited:

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,241
14,765
113
I think Hidecki wins this with a very comfortable walk up 18. His game screams that he is a major champion talent and he really wants this one.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,269
24,356
113
It’s amazing how these little guys like him get the power and clubhead speed to hit those massive drives.
 

thatsbaseball

All-American
May 29, 2007
18,372
7,409
113
He's listed at 6'2" and 165lbs. He looks even lighter than that but damn he can move the ball.
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,206
790
113
I said on Thursday that this feels like an unknown would win.
Since I love being right, I'm pulling for him.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,612
7,829
113
This may be an overused sports term, but Matsuyama is unconscious. Everybody else is trying to play what the course is giving them while Hideki is firing away at every pin with incredible accuracy.

Even pros only get dialed in like this a handful of times during their lives, and he picked a great weekend to do it.
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,206
790
113
You could argue that anyone playing the Masters is hardly unknown. I should have said someone besides the dozen or so huge names. But I assumed that would be obvious to most people... and the announcers talked about his recwnt 2000+ world ranking. So yeah... unknown fits.
But regardless, Matsuyama is on fire and just has to get past hole 12 without hitting 3 in the water like other KNOWN golfers have done recently, Tiger and Speith most notably.
So my prediction was wrong, Matsuyama is kind of a big deal.
Been fun to watch today. I'm drinking out of my 2009 masters souvenir cup.
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,206
790
113
Ha!
Did you see his 374 yard drive on 18? I've never seen someone swing that hard.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,850
17,058
113
Uh oh, Matsuyama trying to keep viewers interested
He had to have pulled the wrong club/yardage on 15. He flew the landing spot by 10-15 yards.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,850
17,058
113
I guess it was easy to play lights out until he was back in the spotlight. Dang, it got exciting for a second
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
Man it’s awesome to see a crowd around the 18th again.

Especially when a first timer winner raises their arms.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know