I held my breath when I heard the whistle.Whew - “50/50” call goes MSU’s way on a charge.
Howland got out coached again!! No adjustments, no changes, no sense of urgency. And you have to foul after Tolu miss with 35 seconds and extend the game down 1. You can’t expect to go length of the court against them and get a quality shot in 6 seconds!!! Even if they made both FT it’s a one possession game with :30 left.
This loss is not on Howland. You don’t break the press by passing over the top of it using 15-18 seconds off every possession. You dribble through it. Apparently we have no one who can do that.
Also I challenge anyone to look up how many games in the last 20 years MSU has won, scoring in the low to mid 50’s. I would be willing to bet, less than 20% or maybe even lower than 15% of this games. Missed layups, missed 12 footers, and finally a missed free throw, actually at least 3 missed free throws because Matthews bricked a couple, cost us late in a game.
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor