Teams
Teams
Fan Sites
Forums
Shows
College
College Football News
College Football Player Rankings
College Football Schedule
College Football Scores
College Football Rankings
College Football Playoff
College Basketball News
Women's Sports
NIL
NIL News
NIL Valuation
NIL Deals
Sports Business
Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal News
NCAA Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal Rankings
Transfer Portal Team Rankings
Recruiting
Football Recruiting
Basketball Recruiting
Database
Team Rankings
Player Rankings
Industry Comparison
Commitments
Recruiting Prediction Machine
High School
High School News
Schools
Rankings
Scores
Draft
NFL Draft
NFL Draft News
Draft By Stars
College Draft History
NBA Draft
NBA Draft News
Pro
NFL
NASCAR
NBA
Sports Predictions
About
About
On3 App
Advertise
Press
FAQ
Contact
Log in
Register
Toggle sidebar
Teams
CFB Schedule
HSFB Rankings
AP Poll
NIL Valuations
Team Recruiting Rankings
Search
New posts
Toggle sidebar
Menu
Install the app
Install
SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games
Report: South Carolina star Dylan Stewart expected to return from suspension vs. Florida
Reply to thread
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
So Nike....
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Darth_VadEER" data-source="post: 130470809" data-attributes="member: 1536653"><p>Fair enough.</p><p></p><p>But this is exactly why I don't want companies, especially ones I'm invested in, getting involved in politics. If a company makes a political message, it will receive a political response.</p><p></p><p>As a shareholder, I don't appreciate a company creating unnecessary risk and turbulence. While this may have no long term effect, it goes without saying that prior to this campaign NO ONE was boycotting Nike or burning their shoes. So while this might just end up in a wash, it was completely unneeded.</p><p></p><p>As a customer, I don't appreciate a company putting their effort into political messages or social causes and not their actual products or customer service, which are the only things I really care about.</p><p></p><p>Like most consumers, I put my dollars behind the best value. I have very little brand loyalty. Over the weekend I had to take my son shopping for new sneakers for one of the sports he is involved with. Generally speaking, most of the shoes we looked at provided similar value but because I was annoyed with Nike I purchased a pair of Adidas. A drop in the bucket, but drops in the bucket are what sales are made of.</p><p></p><p>EDIT: I also find it odd that Nike is willing to put themselves on the wrong side of the NFL. I probably find this most shaky and peculiar. I've read the demographic Nike is target, and I just don't see how the risk is worth it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Darth_VadEER, post: 130470809, member: 1536653"] Fair enough. But this is exactly why I don't want companies, especially ones I'm invested in, getting involved in politics. If a company makes a political message, it will receive a political response. As a shareholder, I don't appreciate a company creating unnecessary risk and turbulence. While this may have no long term effect, it goes without saying that prior to this campaign NO ONE was boycotting Nike or burning their shoes. So while this might just end up in a wash, it was completely unneeded. As a customer, I don't appreciate a company putting their effort into political messages or social causes and not their actual products or customer service, which are the only things I really care about. Like most consumers, I put my dollars behind the best value. I have very little brand loyalty. Over the weekend I had to take my son shopping for new sneakers for one of the sports he is involved with. Generally speaking, most of the shoes we looked at provided similar value but because I was annoyed with Nike I purchased a pair of Adidas. A drop in the bucket, but drops in the bucket are what sales are made of. EDIT: I also find it odd that Nike is willing to put themselves on the wrong side of the NFL. I probably find this most shaky and peculiar. I've read the demographic Nike is target, and I just don't see how the risk is worth it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Name
Post reply
×
Disable Video Player
On3
Latest
01
On3 Football
SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
02
College Football Playoff
How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
03
On3 Football
Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
04
On3 Football
Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games
05
On3 Football
Report: South Carolina star Dylan Stewart expected to return from suspension vs. Florida
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
So Nike....
Top
Bottom