Saints fans be blessed

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
May end up looking foolish but color me intrigued. Curious as to what Payton can do with Jameis, especially after sitting and watching/learning for a year. I mean watching every snap the all time yardage leader took last year can only help Winston. He won’t be asked to make a lot of the throws that Arians asked of him.
 

RivaDawg

Senior
Feb 26, 2008
887
433
63
May end up looking foolish but color me intrigued. Curious as to what Payton can do with Jameis, especially after sitting and watching/learning for a year. I mean watching every snap the all time yardage leader took last year can only help Winston. He won’t be asked to make a lot of the throws that Arians asked of him.

As a life long Saints fan, I don’t like it. To me it’s not a fit. I hope I’m wrong.
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,010
1,978
113
Fox is reporting that it’s a $5.5 million base salary worth “up to” $12 million. To get the 12 million, I’d bet he has to start every game, be selected All-Pro, and win the Super Bowl.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I’m skeptical. He threw 30 interceptions with great skill players to help him in the same exact division two years ago.

My guess is neither Jameis or Taysom are the answer and they are drafting a QB in 2022.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Yeah. I feel like they eill be drafting a QB as soon as possible and just make do until they get their guy. Not sure what pick they have this year. I saw some report saying 28th but I was thinking they had traded most of their picks away. Maybe I am wrong about that. Hope so
 

BiscuitEater

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2009
4,178
0
36
Curious as to what Payton can do with Jameis, especially after sitting and watching/learning for a year. I mean watching every snap the all time yardage leader took last year can only help Winston.

Hey, I watched every snap too! Don't think Payton will 'do' any better with me just 'cause I watched a lot of football!
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
I'm not sure what to think of Winston. I'll give him a shot, but the TOs have obviously been a problem. Brees had TO issues when the saints got him too though...

Brees at SD...
84 TD (4 rushing, 80 passing)
77 TOs (53 int, 24 fumbles)

Winston at TB...
131 total TD's(121 passing and 10 rushing
111 TOs (88 INT, 23 fumbles)

Brees first 5 years = 1.09 td to TO ratio, and Winston first 5 years = 1.18 td to TO ratio

Brees took over as starting QB at age 27. Will Winston take over as starting qb in Nola at age 27 also?

And last of all, HELL no, I'm not saying Winston will be the next Brees. I do think looking at Brees can show you that qbs can do much better when put in better situations. Will NO be that situation for Winston? I sure hope so, but I'll settle for just being a solid QB bc his supporting cast will be strong.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,464
31,675
113
I don't think the fact he couldn't get on the field when Brees went down is a good sign for him being the QB of the future for the Saints.
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
I don't think the fact he couldn't get on the field when Brees went down is a good sign for him being the QB of the future for the Saints.

Maybe, maybe not. The year before when Brees was injured, bridgewater came in and played admirably. Bc of that 5-game stretch, TB got 20+ from Carolina. A lot of saints fans said at the time when taysom played that it was to prevent the same thing again. Who knows though? I do think Sean wanting him back says something. We knew we were gonna be in salary cap hell, so the theory does makes sense
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
What year did you stick your hands under the center’s nether regions while in college? I’ll hang up and listen.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?