Rooting for Coach NMP today....

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
Along with the Lady Dawgs of course. Need a good showing to settle the fan base a bit, myself included. Need to show signs of improvement and reverse this trend of doing just enough to win.

Hope I am wrong but I don’t think this game will be the cakewalk we are accustomed to with the LadyBearSharts.
 

Upyurs

Redshirt
Nov 24, 2017
453
0
0
Not sure this team has it mentally. Plays soft. No hustle. Georgia has nowhere near the talent but only hung with them out of pure will. Gonna take more than talent against good teams.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,095
7,322
113
KY is very good. No shame in that loss other than missing a resume win. But with no one hosting its not that big a deal
 

WilCoDawg

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2012
5,264
3,654
113
It won’t be a blowout that we’re used to seeing apparently. This is where having no one there is hurting us.
 

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
If Rickea Jackson does not get better then we are going to struggle every game. She is a liability so far today. She is way too talented to be playing this badly.
 

gwadSIG

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2015
294
0
0
No offense or aggression. This coach is JoMo 2.0. It will be interesting to see where the culture of the program is heading.
 

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
Cooks, Jackson, and Mingo Young were nearly invisible today. Getting harder and harder to stay positive about Coach NCP.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
Not sure what we do at practice but our women's team appears to be getting worse with every game played, not better.
 
Last edited:

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
I wonder if we considered the current Kentucky coach. She was just an assistant when Vic left and we needed a coach. She seems to be doing a pretty good job.
 

gwadSIG

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2015
294
0
0
Not sure what we do at practice but our women's team appear to be getting worse with every game played, not better.

Looking at the coach's social media, it looks like she has a lot on her plate. Maybe practice isn't as important and/or she can't hold some of them accountable.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
Not sure what else is on her plate, but wasn't she hired to coach? Then she should be practicing and coaching.
 

gwadSIG

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2015
294
0
0
I'm being a little bit sarcastic. There's just a lot going socially and politically so maybe she/they are distracted. I don't know, but it just seems like some of these players have lost their edge. Maybe that's her coaching style. Guess we will see.
 

olblue.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 14, 2012
4,615
0
0
I'm being a little bit sarcastic. There's just a lot going socially and politically so maybe she/they are distracted. I don't know, but it just seems like some of these players have lost their edge. Maybe that's her coaching style. Guess we will see.

Are you speaking from experience?
 

xxxWalkTheDawg

Redshirt
Oct 21, 2005
4,262
0
25
I'm being a little bit sarcastic. There's just a lot going socially and politically so maybe she/they are distracted.

Well. There are ways to deal with those “distractions”. Shut off the medium of those distractions and concentrate on the task at hand.

I doubt any of the Engineering, Accounting, Math, Chemistry, etc. professors are letting those distractions factor into test scores. And they are making less than the WBB coach.
 

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
Well. There are ways to deal with those “distractions”. Shut off the medium of those distractions and concentrate on the task at hand.

I doubt any of the Engineering, Accounting, Math, Chemistry, etc. professors are letting those distractions factor into test scores. And they are making less than the WBB coach.

Honestly I don't know why any coach in any sport allows their players to post on Twitter during the season. Zero good can come of it and the players generally don't have the maturity level to deal with criticism.
 

maroonmania

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2008
11,354
1,143
113
Honestly I don't know why any coach in any sport allows their players to post on Twitter during the season. Zero good can come of it and the players generally don't have the maturity level to deal with criticism.

If I was a coach I think I would just demand that they don't post anything on twitter related to the team, and if they did there would be consequences. I don't see an issue if they want to tweet about other things in their life.
 

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
If I was a coach I think I would just demand that they don't post anything on twitter related to the team, and if they did there would be consequences. I don't see an issue if they want to tweet about other things in their life.

Exactly. Engaging with fans in any way is generally not going to end well.

On a related note, I did notice a difference in our team's reaction after the game yesterday. After squeezing by Florida, there was a bit of clowning and dancing. After squeezing by Ole Miss, they did not look happy at all. That is the way they should look after playing awful against an inferior opponent, win or lose.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor