RIP DMX. 50 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,646
14,464
113
Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood was one of the best complete albums I owned.

I hope D was "ready to meet Him." RIP.
 

Msubulldogfan1

Freshman
Sep 12, 2013
8,835
80
48
RIP. There goes some of my childhood.

Aware I’m making an obvious statement, it’s a weird thing that the older you get, the more people die. An odd part and fact of life.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,692
12,402
113
I'm not a rap fan but no matter what he played, I don't think I would be a fan regardless. Just searched his name and saw 15 kids w/ 5 different women, bankruptcy w/ $1.5 million owed, back child support owed, tax evasion, animal cruelty charges to 15 dogs, 4 arrests in S Carolina since 2013, defaulted on 2 homes and a high rise apt complex, crack addict, gun possession charges, drug charges, etc. Sounds like an outstanding fellow
 

Arloguthrie

Redshirt
Nov 3, 2012
880
0
0
I'm not a rap fan but no matter what he played, I don't think I would be a fan regardless. Just searched his name and saw 15 kids w/ 5 different women, bankruptcy w/ $1.5 million owed, back child support owed, tax evasion, animal cruelty charges to 15 dogs, 4 arrests in S Carolina since 2013, defaulted on 2 homes and a high rise apt complex, crack addict, gun possession charges, drug charges, etc. Sounds like an outstanding fellow

I bet you're a blast at parties.
 

Dawg_4_lifes

Redshirt
Sep 17, 2016
922
0
0
Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me go all out
Up in here, up in here

My motto at work most days!
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,338
10,637
113
I'm not a rap fan but no matter what he played, I don't think I would be a fan regardless. Just searched his name and saw 15 kids w/ 5 different women, bankruptcy w/ $1.5 million owed, back child support owed, tax evasion, animal cruelty charges to 15 dogs, 4 arrests in S Carolina since 2013, defaulted on 2 homes and a high rise apt complex, crack addict, gun possession charges, drug charges, etc. Sounds like an outstanding fellow

He also had multiple teeth knocked out by his mother's boyfriends as a young child in addition to struggling with addiction and bipolar as an adult. Try separating art from artists - some find it liberating.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,692
12,402
113
Oh, I overlooked the part about him being an artist and making art. That makes its alright then that he didn't pay multiple banks back for real estate loans, didn't pay his taxes to the government, didn't support 15 (FIFTEEN) innocent kids he fathered and their mothers, and abused dogs. I now think I like his work and hereby issue him an artists pass. I'll gladly now also chip in and pay more taxes to replace his, some child support for him, and make a donation to the Humane Society. I feel liberated now, thanks.
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,338
10,637
113
Oh, I overlooked the part about him being an artist and making art. That makes its alright then that he didn't pay multiple banks back for real estate loans, didn't pay his taxes to the government, didn't support 15 (FIFTEEN) innocent kids he fathered and their mothers, and abused dogs. I now think I like his work and hereby issue him an artists pass. I'll gladly now also chip in and pay more taxes to replace his, some child support for him, and make a donation to the Humane Society. I feel liberated now, thanks.


People who make music are oftentimes referred to as "recording artists", glad I could straighten you out on that. As to the rest of your post, yeah he did his fair share of ****** things. Know who else has done ****** things?
 

bully12

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
1,709
774
113

 

BulldogLegacy

Freshman
Feb 27, 2008
111
58
28
I'm not a rap fan but no matter what he played, I don't think I would be a fan regardless. Just searched his name and saw 15 kids w/ 5 different women, bankruptcy w/ $1.5 million owed, back child support owed, tax evasion, animal cruelty charges to 15 dogs, 4 arrests in S Carolina since 2013, defaulted on 2 homes and a high rise apt complex, crack addict, gun possession charges, drug charges, etc. Sounds like an outstanding fellow

Might also want to mention that at the age of 14 he was taken advantage of by someone he considered a mentor when that so called mentor passed him marijuana laced with crack cocaine.
 

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,097
1,091
98
I'm not a rap fan but no matter what he played, I don't think I would be a fan regardless. Just searched his name and saw 15 kids w/ 5 different women, bankruptcy w/ $1.5 million owed, back child support owed, tax evasion, animal cruelty charges to 15 dogs, 4 arrests in S Carolina since 2013, defaulted on 2 homes and a high rise apt complex, crack addict, gun possession charges, drug charges, etc. Sounds like an outstanding fellow

He was a very troubled guy that made an artwork a lot of people enjoyed. Searching someone’s name at the news of their death to compile a checklist of negatives so you can make a ****** take is weird as hell. 17 you and every geezer that liked your post. Celebrating a man’s failures at his death is a dark way for your brain to work.
 
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2005
29,273
24,367
113
Great job with the post mortem **** post. He was a troubled man with a very rough young life but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy his music.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,273
24,367
113
Judging by all the downvotes and replies (peeper), we’ve got some real ******* geezers in here. I don’t even listen to very much rap music but at least have a little dignity to not hate on the man after he’s dead.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
So let’s really talk abt the root cause of the problem then dorn. You know the root cause of most problems as it pertains to families in poverty who aren’t “privileged”.

HOME LIFE, but let’s go ahead and destroy that nuclear family!!!!
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Can we hate on Hitler since he’s dead?

For the record, I liked DMX but he isn’t someone we should be asking anyone to look up to or idolize.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more