Prolly germans but I just noticed this....

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,853
2,988
113
The first four batters in our lineup have sequential numbers. Debrule 3, Jordan 4, Allen 5, and James 6. Cool.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I'd 17 that scorebook if I was keeping score..

For the record, does anyone do that anymore (under the age of 70)? I remember when my wife and I were dating I got her a scorebook to help her learn the game. We ended up getting season tickets to the Rangers for a few years and by year 2 she was super knowledgeable and was cussing umps more than anyone in the stadium.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,671
14,507
113
My father taught me, he's a few years shy of 70. I still do so, not every single game (I used to take my own book) anymore, but I still like to use the program version if available. I'll be 39 in a week.
 

ezsoil

Junior
May 26, 2013
1,351
285
83
That's how the Yankees did it their number was the order in 1929 when they started it .that's why Ruth was #3 Gehrig was#4
 

NWADawg

Senior
May 4, 2016
1,230
732
113
I'd 17 that scorebook if I was keeping score..

For the record, does anyone do that anymore (under the age of 70)? I remember when my wife and I were dating I got her a scorebook to help her learn the game. We ended up getting season tickets to the Rangers for a few years and by year 2 she was super knowledgeable and was cussing umps more than anyone in the stadium.

I don't any more but I learned when I was a kid. On nights I wasn't playing, I got $10 per night (2 to 3 games) to keep the official books, run the scoreboard, and announce the batters.

I will say that I coached 3 kids through all rec league ball and always had trouble finding parents that could even just track balls, strikes, bases, and outs. I didn't even ask them to score fielders choices, errors, past balls.....
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,178
5,721
113
I'd 17 that scorebook if I was keeping score..

For the record, does anyone do that anymore (under the age of 70)? I remember when my wife and I were dating I got her a scorebook to help her learn the game. We ended up getting season tickets to the Rangers for a few years and by year 2 she was super knowledgeable and was cussing umps more than anyone in the stadium.

Either something got lost in translation there or you have one of the oddest fetishes ever.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama