OT: Weekend Drinking and Gaming Thread

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,652
12,156
113
Going for a change up since no matter where you are in the SE, either north of the freezing line or south, the weather isn’t exactly conducive to grilling.

If you are lucky enough to have power and have Presidents Day off, it’s a great opportunity for some beverages and gaming. So what are some off the beaten path series of games you love?

1. Uncharted series. I think it was 2 that opened like a cinematic credit scene with playability. I was amazed at the quality of cinematography. I have enjoyed the entire series and still have the newest one sitting ready to play. I may crank it up this weekend.

2. Infamous. It’s such a cool concept and storyline. The thing I love the most about it was the development of powers over time. It truly rewarded you for side missions that built your XP. As someone that always tried to make myself as powerful as possible before continuing the storyline it was very rewarding. (Kingdom Hearts is the same.)

3. Ratchet and Clank. I’m a sucker for a clean platformer since Mario. R&C blends that platformer and a little RPG with upgrades. Not to mention the weapons are a blast to use. Of course the Rip Ya a New One is a favorite.

Watcha got SPS any favorites out there besides the Halos and COD of the world. I hope you all fare well in the upcoming icepocalypse!
 

cfree3434

All-Conference
Jan 14, 2021
1,126
2,501
113
Well I have a kid and got another due in may, so my gaming is mostly go fish or candy land, but the drinking has picked up.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,315
6,710
113
Picked up some cab steaks - strip and ribeye, seafood stuffed potatoes, and 18 oysters to cook for Valentines dinner.
Was thinking about gaming tomorrow too. Haven’t bought anything in over a year as I haven’t grown tired of Red Dead 2. Honestly, I’ll never grow tired of hogtying people and dragging them behind a horse
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Well I have a kid and got another due in may, so my gaming is mostly go fish or candy land, but the drinking has picked up.

A friend of mine has an 8 year old son. That kid made sure for the Christmas nativity scene one of his Warhammer 40k Space Marines was guarding baby Jesus.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Picked up some cab steaks - strip and ribeye, seafood stuffed potatoes, and 18 oysters to cook for Valentines dinner.
Was thinking about gaming tomorrow too. Haven’t bought anything in over a year as I haven’t grown tired of Red Dead 2. Honestly, I’ll never grow tired of hogtying people and dragging them behind a horse


You know Pfizer makes a pill cheaper than those oysters. We all get old. No shame in asking for some help.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
If you liked the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater series they remastered 1&2. It’s exactly like the original, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Don’t knock it until you try this next one, but Minecraft is a great game. It is good if you like to build things or solve problems in an open world. It has survival or creative(god mode) for whatever you are into.

Platformers haven’t made it into my library lately, but I thought they were releasing Crash Bandicoot remastered soon.
 

tenureplan

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2008
8,582
1,220
113
Once you learn how to grind between tricks to perpetuate the trick, it diminishes from pretty much all of the skateboarding and snowboarding games.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama