OT: Starkville HVAC Recommendations - Cleaning/Compressor Issue

pDigital32Dawg

Freshman
Aug 29, 2009
2,996
85
48
I am looking for any recommendations from the board in the Starkville area for HVAC servicing. Specifically I am looking at a compressor replacement and a unit cleaning.
 

DawgNsuds

Senior
Jun 4, 2007
957
688
93
I use Rhodes Heating & Air and have been very happy with their work

662-324-9091
662-617-0730 cell
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,679
12,381
113
Superior Services from West Point services Starkville area. I found them on this board when this same thread topic came up a few years ago and somebody else recommended. I like them because they do heat, air, plumbing and electrical. You can probably find somebody cheaper but every time I've called them they've been to my house same day and usually w/in a couple hours. They always call before they go to my house so I can meet them.
 

msudawg05

Redshirt
Oct 12, 2009
260
13
18
We used Climate Control a few months back to install a new HVAC system. The compressor went out on the 10-15 year old system, and we were told by CC and another person that it would probably be a couple thousand dollars for a new compressor or $4-5k for a whole new outside/inside unit with a 10 year warranty. Brantley, the owner, came out and explained everything and went over all the options. He said he’d put in whatever system we wanted but then explained what he thought was best for our home (which is older - like built in 60s or 70s) and didn’t try to upsell us on more expensive stuff. He prefers to use Rheem but can install other brands as well. He had a couple guys here within a day or two and had the job done in the same day. Would highly recommend them!

ETA: we bought a new Ecobee smart thermostat which they installed for us. They said people normally have them install Nest thermostats with a few Ecobees here and there. But we’ve enjoyed ours and didn’t really need a “learning” thermostat because our schedule doesn’t change much, and I wanted more control over the system.
 
Last edited:

Grove Sh*tter

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2014
911
0
0
Climate Control did my new house and we are very pleased. Brantley is a dear friend, so I am biased, but he has been doing this for 20+ years and has exemplary character.
 
Dec 9, 2018
910
859
93
R and F comfort systems. 662- 270 -0886. Carrier dealer. Richard Hester will treat you right. He works on all brands.

I have had Rheem, Trane, and just about everything else. No comparison. I had a Trane heat pump system that was on the house when I bought it. POS. $350 - 400 /month bills in peak summer and winter usage. Ran all the damn time. Replaced with Carrier. Very quiet. Bills at $150 - 200 / month max.

May be more expensive but you get what you pay for.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense