OT: Exterior windows (vinyl casing)

Aug 24, 2012
1,238
630
113
We're needing to replace all of our windows (double pane). Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on any installers in the Jackson area.

Thanks
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,148
9,486
113
I just did this in August 2020. Very pleased with Creative Windows and Doors in gluckstadt. I bought the windows myself and had them work with my GC (CA Construction). Also, I bet Creative can help you find a good person to install. They will know who is good and who is not.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
Can't answer your question about Jackson specifically, but we did that a few months ago. Used a large local lumber yard and their installer. We bought Andersen window inserts (uses the existing casings, and doesn't require the interior trim and exterior brick mold to be replaced, as a full window would) with all the bells and whistles. I checked with Home Depot and they were a little more expensive than the local place we used.
 
Aug 24, 2012
1,238
630
113
I just did this in August 2020. Very pleased with Creative Windows and Doors in gluckstadt. I bought the windows myself and had them work with my GC (CA Construction). Also, I bet Creative can help you find a good person to install. They will know who is good and who is not.

Now the quotes my wife received make sense. We got a quote from them and a couple of others, but the others must have included the installation cost as well.

Thanks for the response
 

TaleofTwoDogs

All-Conference
Jun 1, 2004
4,343
2,136
113
Needed to replace several windows at my house due to moisture between the panes. Got quotes from a window replacement company and a glass replacement (The Glass Truck). Glass replacement was 1/3 the price of the whole window replacement. So, if you don't need to replace the window frame go with the glass change out. I'm pleased with the result and saved thousands of dollars.
 

Ridgeland Dog

Redshirt
Jan 16, 2008
87
17
8
Creative Windows and Doors are great. Eddie Rives, the owner, is a good guy and big State supporter.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor