OT: Dumb virus treatment question

dawglawz

Freshman
Nov 14, 2012
413
90
28
While I agree with your last sentence, at least you get something tangible in return from one of those.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,620
31,899
113
Good news for you, they don't stick the finger up the butt for the prostate test any more. My doctor did the first time when I turned 50, but ever since, he's just done the PSA blood test.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,620
31,899
113
Or the one who dies on the way to the emergency room. If you're 50+ and not getting annual physicals, you're a fool. You should be getting them before then too.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,194
5,733
113
If you are healthy, you don't need a doctor. Doctors are for the weak and pregnant women. I'm mid 50s and don't have a doctor, every couple of years if I get a sinus infection I can't shake I hit up a nurse prac.

How did our species thrive for thousands of years without going to the doctor every 15 minutes? For most men, going to a doc, unless you have a serious issue, is a practice that is only a few decades old.

Most doctors and preachers these days about one thing, lightening your wallet.


Well, for the most part, we 17ed a lot and produced enough kids that population still grew even though people died a lot and died early. But eventually we figured out that doctors shouldn't leave the morgue where they were handling dead bodies, including those that died of infectious diseases, and then go directly to child birth without washing their hands, and then some time later we discovered antibiotics and those two things went a long way towards reducing the replacement rate.

But even while a lot of our gains in life expectancy have come from reducing childhood mortality, we've still increased the life expectancy of adults by about a decade. So maybe, just maybe, we have been accomplishing something by going to the doctor.

On top of that, in a lot of places, if you don't have a doctor when you are healthy, it's a lot harder to get a doctor to see you timely when you are not healthy. It shouldn't be that way, but our government subsidizes demand for healthcare services while restricting the supply of doctors, so we have a screwy system.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I would love to know the reasoning of the nutritionist telling you to eat organic food.

I actually admitted on the first call my number one source of vitamins and minerals was a V8 I drink every morning and my equate men's daily multivitamin. I told the truth about that, but lied about how much I drink. I'm guessing if I had flipped that the nutritionist would have been replaced by a substance abuse counselor.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,110
2,871
113
Dang, that's terrible. We have one guy in our golf group who tends to get too close, and when you move he follows you. Not sure if he's hard of hearing or what his reason is.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar