Teams
Teams
Fan Sites
Forums
Shows
College
College Football News
College Football Player Rankings
College Football Schedule
College Football Scores
College Football Rankings
College Football Playoff
College Basketball News
Women's Sports
NIL
NIL News
NIL Valuation
NIL Deals
Sports Business
Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal News
NCAA Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal Rankings
Transfer Portal Team Rankings
Recruiting
Football Recruiting
Basketball Recruiting
Database
Team Rankings
Player Rankings
Industry Comparison
Commitments
Recruiting Prediction Machine
High School
High School News
Schools
Rankings
Scores
Draft
NFL Draft
NFL Draft News
Draft By Stars
College Draft History
NBA Draft
NBA Draft News
Pro
NFL
NASCAR
NBA
Sports Predictions
About
About
On3 App
Advertise
Press
FAQ
Contact
Log in
Register
Toggle sidebar
Teams
CFB Schedule
AP Poll
HSFB Rankings
NIL Valuations
Team Recruiting Rankings
Search
New posts
Toggle sidebar
Menu
Install the app
Install
College football's Best and Worst of September: Teams, players, coaches, games, moments & more
Projecting potential conference realignment if the college sports bill's 20-team caps become law
Heisman officials see no good options if the 24-team playoff wipes out December's window
ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big 12 football team after Week 4
ESPN updates FPI rankings for each ACC football team after Week 4
Reply to thread
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
Next season
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="doneagain" data-source="post: 130950501" data-attributes="member: 1396145"><p>... We potentially have a lot to look forward to next year in a lot of ways, especially if we do better than expected this year.</p><p></p><p>If we surprise everyone, including myself and the rest of the fans of WVU and pull out as many as 8 wins this season, next year could be something pretty good, based on what we have returning on defense and offensive skill positions.</p><p></p><p>However...</p><p></p><p>The thing that worries me for next season is the offensive line. People are saying they are worried about it this year, but I think the line will be okay, not dominant but okay. Next year though, man, will we have anyone back with starting experience? I wish we had this year’s line next year to go with an additional year of experience for our QBs.</p><p></p><p>I feel like we really need to surprise everyone this year to take advantage of what we have on the line while we have it, otherwise it could be year 3 or 4 before we see the results we want to see with Brown.</p><p></p><p>I am hoping Brown can get some games this season where he can get reserves in the lineup for some game experience, but it doesn’t look like that is how it is going to play out this year, unless we are the ones getting blown out, which I am hoping against, obviously.</p><p></p><p>We aren’t going to have many, if any, games this year that look TODAY like we are just going to run over whoever is on the field against us. I think we are going to have to win some close games this season to get wins. I like our chance against JMU, NC State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech and even Missouri and Baylor. But I can make a case against us in those games too. So the chances to get much mop up duty time for the reserves this season may not be too plentiful.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="doneagain, post: 130950501, member: 1396145"] ... We potentially have a lot to look forward to next year in a lot of ways, especially if we do better than expected this year. If we surprise everyone, including myself and the rest of the fans of WVU and pull out as many as 8 wins this season, next year could be something pretty good, based on what we have returning on defense and offensive skill positions. However... The thing that worries me for next season is the offensive line. People are saying they are worried about it this year, but I think the line will be okay, not dominant but okay. Next year though, man, will we have anyone back with starting experience? I wish we had this year’s line next year to go with an additional year of experience for our QBs. I feel like we really need to surprise everyone this year to take advantage of what we have on the line while we have it, otherwise it could be year 3 or 4 before we see the results we want to see with Brown. I am hoping Brown can get some games this season where he can get reserves in the lineup for some game experience, but it doesn’t look like that is how it is going to play out this year, unless we are the ones getting blown out, which I am hoping against, obviously. We aren’t going to have many, if any, games this year that look TODAY like we are just going to run over whoever is on the field against us. I think we are going to have to win some close games this season to get wins. I like our chance against JMU, NC State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech and even Missouri and Baylor. But I can make a case against us in those games too. So the chances to get much mop up duty time for the reserves this season may not be too plentiful. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Name
Post reply
×
Disable Video Player
On3
Latest
01
On3 Football
College football's Best and Worst of September: Teams, players, coaches, games, moments & more
02
On3 Football
Projecting potential conference realignment if the college sports bill's 20-team caps become law
03
On3 Football
Heisman officials see no good options if the 24-team playoff wipes out December's window
04
On3 Football
ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big 12 football team after Week 4
05
On3 Football
ESPN updates FPI rankings for each ACC football team after Week 4
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
Next season
Top
Bottom