I've been reading SPS for a year or so and finally registered, primarily to say how funny I think a lot of the posters are. I love some sharp SAWB humor(a tip to Lewis Grizzard for those of age) and a lot of the comments have me rolling. Recently retired to Starkville and generally got my MSU info from Hail State and SEC/National sites but kept hearing around town "you should see what they are saying" but didn't know where "they" were saying it. Buddy of mine said go check out SPS, GP, ED and wow, there it was. Not sure why but 40+ years after graduation and not following the details of State super close over that time, I never would have imagined my fellow Bulldog fans had such a divergent view of our programs. Such are message boards to reveal that we do.
The OT's are a lot of fun (over/under rated) or "educational" (evaporative cooling, fertilizer rates, tree selection) as well and often filled with some of that sharp humor.
I enjoy GP as well with a lot of good information and perspective but it seems to be a little more serious about things and folks a little more "grumpy" and argumentative about it. While SPS can certainly go off the rails at times, just seems a little more lighthearted. If someone has the time or energy, is there a quick history for a relative newbie of how we ended up with 3 boards? Simply different approaches and objectives?
Again, enjoy the site and thanks again for the daily chuckles. Hail State.
The OT's are a lot of fun (over/under rated) or "educational" (evaporative cooling, fertilizer rates, tree selection) as well and often filled with some of that sharp humor.
I enjoy GP as well with a lot of good information and perspective but it seems to be a little more serious about things and folks a little more "grumpy" and argumentative about it. While SPS can certainly go off the rails at times, just seems a little more lighthearted. If someone has the time or energy, is there a quick history for a relative newbie of how we ended up with 3 boards? Simply different approaches and objectives?
Again, enjoy the site and thanks again for the daily chuckles. Hail State.