Men’s BBall

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,591
9,691
113
May be the bourbon talking, but before this season I thought we’d go 5-13 in SEC play. Now I’m more like 9-9 to 10-8 with a sheepish 13-5 in the periphery. Starts tonight against UGA. Liking this team’s chances. Let’s go.
 

bully12

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
1,714
781
113
May be the bourbon talking, but before this season I thought we’d go 5-13 in SEC play. Now I’m more like 9-9 to 10-8 with a sheepish 13-5 in the periphery. Starts tonight against UGA. Liking this team’s chances. Let’s go.

Wish I was as optimistic as you are. I see 5-13 as the top end. Three or four wins won't surprise me.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
The SEC is not good this year. MSU is not a 5-13 team. I’ll take the over on 7+ wins in SEC play for MSU against anyone who wants to bet it. If I lose, well, at least y’all sucked haha
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,035
10,202
113
I feel a little better about them each game they play. They have to clean some things up to take the next step. Our set offense is terrible and we still have a mental thing about free throws.

But we are shooting much better and hustling well.
 

o_dawgnabit

All-American
Oct 13, 2016
4,974
7,946
113
I’ve been saying the past couple weeks, this will be a good sec team late this season. Guard play can carry you in college basketball and we are getting good guard play consecutively from multiple guys. We also have good quality post depth. We really need to figure out FT shooting because that can win and lose you several conference games
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,815
113
The team is looking really good. The first two or three games of the season looked totally at random, but since then the seem to have found the right combination. To me, they look a lot better than last year.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,035
10,202
113
I’ve been saying the past couple weeks, this will be a good sec team late this season. Guard play can carry you in college basketball and we are getting good guard play consecutively from multiple guys. We also have good quality post depth. We really need to figure out FT shooting because that can win and lose you several conference games

The end of the half showed what I was talking about with set offense. Georgia makes a couple of baskets and we have to run an offense against the zone and give up a 7-1 run at the end of the half instead of keeping our feet on their necks. Too much standing around on set offense, way too much. Ado is great of defense but a liability on offense only being used for picks on top. They need to run sets with him picking low for Stewart.
 

Where'sWaldo

Redshirt
Sep 24, 2012
159
0
0
If Tolu could take just a small step forward offensively we could be really good. Molinar and DJ are the real deal and are NBA talents.
 

Ace-Leroy

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
334
34
28
What a horse **** no call there. They just pushed our guy out of bounds to prevent him from catching the ball.
 

hailstate19

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2015
1,190
41
48
I’ve been saying the past couple weeks, this will be a good sec team late this season. Guard play can carry you in college basketball and we are getting good guard play consecutively from multiple guys. We also have good quality post depth. We really need to figure out FT shooting because that can win and lose you several conference games
Looking pretty good early too. Any road win in the SEC is huge
 
Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
Kind of makes you wonder what our record would be if Molinar had been available all year, and if we had been competent at the line in our losses...
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,636
7,890
113
I’ll be the first to say that I thought people were crazy to think that 5 PPG guy from last season would make a big difference for us, but it has. We’ve had the size, athleticism, and energy all year. Just needed a shooting threat to take some heat off Stewart, and Molinar has opened things up immensely
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
I’ll be the first to say that I thought people were crazy to think that 5 PPG guy from last season would make a big difference for us, but it has. We’ve had the size, athleticism, and energy all year. Just needed a shooting threat to take some heat off Stewart, and Molinar has opened things up immensely

Molinar has been the difference. He is much better than I thought he would be right now and Stewart has been great on offense all season, but better since Molinar came back.
 

hailstate19

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2015
1,190
41
48
I’ll be the first to say that I thought people were crazy to think that 5 PPG guy from last season would make a big difference for us, but it has. We’ve had the size, athleticism, and energy all year. Just needed a shooting threat to take some heat off Stewart, and Molinar has opened things up immensely
I know he was only a freshman, but Molinar should have taken some mins over Nick last year. He would have run the offense better imo. Maybe defensively he wasn’t quite up to speed? While Nick was a great defender.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor