Leach’s character

SaintsDoc

Redshirt
Apr 24, 2016
201
0
16
Spoke with a freshman OL yesterday thinking that he would frustrated by the year there. To my surprise, he told me that he really respects and appreciates what CML has done this year. He relayed that practices have been much more focused lately and moral is very positive on the team. CML got read of all the malingerers, dope smokers, cancers and troublesome characters on the team. Players are much more optimistic now than at the start of the year. Things had really spiraled out of control under Morehead with the lack of discipline and no leadership on the team.
While no one is happy about a 2 win season, I believe that we as fans will need to be patient and support these young men. Suspect we will see a huge improvement next season and seasons to come.
 

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,605
9,711
113
I may be in the minority here - hard to tell - but I'm optimistic about this offense working fairly well by year 3. I think Leach said in his book that he got rid of something like 27 guys off Texas Tech in his first year. It's was frustrating as hell watching the offense struggle against Auburn after finally looking serviceable against Georgia and Ole Miss, but even with this team's struggles, I've enjoyed this season so much more than last year with Moorhead. Even if it doesn't work out, the experiment with Leach was worth a shot, and I'm willing to give it 3-4 years to see what happens. I think it's going to work out
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
Get lost, it’s time to melt down because a 3 star safety flipped to Ole Miss.
 

MSUbravesfan

Redshirt
Jun 20, 2006
241
0
16
If we are playing like this in year 3, I'm sure most everyone will be calling for his head. All he has to do is show improvement each week this season.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,068
2,816
113
Spoke with a freshman OL yesterday thinking that he would frustrated by the year there. To my surprise, he told me that he really respects and appreciates what CML has done this year. He relayed that practices have been much more focused lately and moral is very positive on the team. CML got read of all the malingerers, dope smokers, cancers and troublesome characters on the team. Players are much more optimistic now than at the start of the year. Things had really spiraled out of control under Morehead with the lack of discipline and no leadership on the team.
While no one is happy about a 2 win season, I believe that we as fans will need to be patient and support these young men. Suspect we will see a huge improvement next season and seasons to come.

Absolutely. Have to give the man time and a "real" season. He's not a miracle worker, and I'm glad he's getting rid of the "pre-Madonnas" on the team. If we only win 2 games in his 3rd or 4th season, then it's time to get upset with his coaching approach and ability. Not now though.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,563
31,823
113
Good players want high expectations from the coach. I don't know about Leach in the long term, but one thing he's doing right is getting players that will work hard on the team and players who won't off the team.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  5. 05 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State