Horace and Pete

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,604
93
Anyone attempted to watch Loius CK's newest project?

It's...... Different.
 

cornichon

Freshman
Jan 5, 2003
5,613
62
0
I hadn't heard about it until his recent podcast with Bill Simmons. He's done some interesting things with delivering albums before; it seems like he's really intrigued by the business of the business, so to speak. That said, I can't imagine paying $31 for 10 episodes of one show. I'll wait until he sells the broadcast rights to Netflix (or Hulu or whatever), which he stated multiple times on the podcast he would do.
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,604
93
It was a total secret. I didn't know about it until his interview with Maron on WTF.

If anyone is going to watch it I suggest listening to the WTF interview first so you can have some context. I think it would be impossible to watch without at least knowing something about it. I've watched the first 6. It is so different from anything I've ever watched. I'm not even sure I like it but I'll finish it. This guy is crazy for financing this thing by himself. I can see why he did. I can't imagine anyone would read those scripts and say hell yeah let's shoot 10 of those. He said each episode cost him 500K to make.

If you are expecting something funny or even drama, then don't even try. The format is so strange. It's a multi-camera tragedy Broadway play.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia