Golf Travel Bag

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,048
19,202
113
Who has used them before? Sister-in-Law is graduating in May and the Father-in-Law and I are going to hit the links when my wife and I visit.

Anyone ever used one of these? Have a preference on a style/cover/etc.?

Much appreciated.
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,606
93
I've shipped mine Fedex ground 3-4 times. They've got special rates for clubs.

They've got a sturdy box. I just bought a ton of bubble wrap and ship it to the hotel I am staying at. I've done that 3-4 times.

If you are going to do this a lot then buy a clubglove or something like that. They are as much or more than a decent golf bag. I didn't buy one because I didn't think I'd play enough to justify it. Last time I checked at the airport it's $50 each way to check clubs too. So if you are think about doing this just once then it's a pretty expensive golf outing.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,499
92,977
101
I've shipped mine Fedex ground 3-4 times. They've got special rates for clubs.

They've got a sturdy box. I just bought a ton of bubble wrap and ship it to the hotel I am staying at. I've done that 3-4 times.

If you are going to do this a lot then buy a clubglove or something like that. They are as much or more than a decent golf bag. I didn't buy one because I didn't think I'd play enough to justify it. Last time I checked at the airport it's $50 each way to check clubs too. So if you are think about doing this just once then it's a pretty expensive golf outing.
So happy I am Executive Platinum on American Airlines. I do not have to worry about fees.
 

Deepfork

Heisman
May 29, 2001
14,636
14,769
113
As I understand it, if you use a soft sided travel bag you will have to sign a waiver absolving the airline of any damage. Not so with a hard case. You might check it out.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,499
92,977
101
As I understand it, if you use a soft sided travel bag you will have to sign a waiver absolving the airline of any damage. Not so with a hard case. You might check it out.
I thought only the Pope could absolve something.
 

Dally1up

Heisman
Jun 29, 2001
11,152
24,840
113
Club gove here. Never signed waiver and never used any protecting stick.
 

Headhunter

Heisman
May 29, 2001
20,498
13,683
0
Clubs are a pain in the *** at airports.

Ship them in advance don't risk the airlines. Way to many lost or delivered late bags in my past to trust the airlines with my babies.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,499
92,977
101
Unless I am on a golf vacation I have just started renting clubs. I am even left handed and I am good to go. I am going to play a round in Sea Island next week and The Cloister is comping me some clubs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mseabolt

mseabolt

Senior
Dec 5, 2005
8,915
753
0
Unless I am on a golf vacation I have just started renting clubs. I am even left handed and I am good to go. I am going to play a round in Sea Island next week and The Cloister is comping me some clubs.
agree, I have rented a couple times and it was well worth the non-hassle
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  4. 04 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia