Family Cemetery

vetmedpoke

All-Conference
Apr 2, 2003
2,489
3,792
113
My wife's family has started talking about putting in a family cemetery. Her dad has some old family land that they never want to sell and would like to put it there. Does anyone on here have any dealings with the paperwork/permits involved for having a private cemetery.

Thanks
 

shortbus

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
37,835
1,289
0
I would check with @hillaryclinton. I hear she's buried a lot of people.

I know I know. Wrong board. I couldn't resist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AC2017

hollywood

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
50,697
3,345
113
Everything involved in this is almost certainly going to be on the local (city/county) level and as such, there's probably no clear answer.

It will almost certainly be completely dependent upon a number of factors, such as zoning. The best place to start, if the land is in an unincorporated area, would be to call your county commissioner's offices, they should be able to point you in the right direction. If the land is inside the city limits, you should start with your city manager/mayor or zoning/planning commission to get an answer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shortbus
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight