Teams
Teams
Fan Sites
Forums
Shows
College
College Football News
College Football Player Rankings
College Football Schedule
College Football Scores
College Football Rankings
College Football Playoff
College Basketball News
Women's Sports
NIL
NIL News
NIL Valuation
NIL Deals
Sports Business
Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal News
NCAA Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal Rankings
Transfer Portal Team Rankings
Recruiting
Football Recruiting
Basketball Recruiting
Database
Team Rankings
Player Rankings
Industry Comparison
Commitments
Recruiting Prediction Machine
High School
High School News
Schools
Rankings
Scores
Draft
NFL Draft
NFL Draft News
Draft By Stars
College Draft History
NBA Draft
NBA Draft News
Pro
NFL
NASCAR
NBA
Sports Predictions
About
About
On3 App
Advertise
Press
FAQ
Contact
Log in
Register
Toggle sidebar
Teams
CFB Schedule
HSFB Rankings
AP Poll
NIL Valuations
Team Recruiting Rankings
Search
New posts
Toggle sidebar
Menu
Install the app
Install
How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
Will Compton picks Nebraska to upset Indiana, end streak of losses to ranked teams: 'Ready to shock the world'
College Football TV Ratings: Tracking the Top 10 most-watched teams of the 2026 season
Reply to thread
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
Expansion
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="skygusty_rivals" data-source="post: 129457222" data-attributes="member: 1500287"><p>I am ambivalent. While I like the round robin, the idea of a CC game that is a repeat of a game already played isn't that exciting. If we expand and have two divisions with permanent crossovers, we could also get rematches. I'm not excited at all about adding another Texas team. BYU makes some sense, if it is football only it removes most of the problems with playing on Sundays. All the schools mentioned would probably be as good if not better than Kansas and probably have the potential to be at least as good has WVU has been in the BIG12. I think BYU, Cincy, and UCONN are the top 3, tossup between Memphis and one of the Florida teams for 4th place. I don't think expansion makes the conference stronger unless bigger is stronger and I don't quite buy that. It does nothing to guarantee a slot in a 4 team playoff. Five undefeated conference championship teams, or five 1 loss champions could still happen easily. There are still only 4 slots for 5 conferences. I can't help but think that if there was a serious effort to expand the playoff to 8 teams, that much of the interest in expanding the Big12 would go away. Then the conference could look at new members in terms of expanding footprint, viewership and creating a cable network. Expanding because we think it is going to make it easier to make the 4 team cut just doesn't make much sense to me.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="skygusty_rivals, post: 129457222, member: 1500287"] I am ambivalent. While I like the round robin, the idea of a CC game that is a repeat of a game already played isn't that exciting. If we expand and have two divisions with permanent crossovers, we could also get rematches. I'm not excited at all about adding another Texas team. BYU makes some sense, if it is football only it removes most of the problems with playing on Sundays. All the schools mentioned would probably be as good if not better than Kansas and probably have the potential to be at least as good has WVU has been in the BIG12. I think BYU, Cincy, and UCONN are the top 3, tossup between Memphis and one of the Florida teams for 4th place. I don't think expansion makes the conference stronger unless bigger is stronger and I don't quite buy that. It does nothing to guarantee a slot in a 4 team playoff. Five undefeated conference championship teams, or five 1 loss champions could still happen easily. There are still only 4 slots for 5 conferences. I can't help but think that if there was a serious effort to expand the playoff to 8 teams, that much of the interest in expanding the Big12 would go away. Then the conference could look at new members in terms of expanding footprint, viewership and creating a cable network. Expanding because we think it is going to make it easier to make the 4 team cut just doesn't make much sense to me. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Name
Post reply
×
Disable Video Player
On3
Latest
01
College Football Playoff
How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
02
On3 Football
Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
03
On3 Football
Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
04
On3 Football
Will Compton picks Nebraska to upset Indiana, end streak of losses to ranked teams: 'Ready to shock the world'
05
On3 Football
College Football TV Ratings: Tracking the Top 10 most-watched teams of the 2026 season
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
Expansion
Top
Bottom