Teams
Teams
Fan Sites
Forums
Shows
College
College Football News
College Football Player Rankings
College Football Schedule
College Football Scores
College Football Rankings
College Football Playoff
College Basketball News
Women's Sports
NIL
NIL News
NIL Valuation
NIL Deals
Sports Business
Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal News
NCAA Transfer Portal
Transfer Portal Rankings
Transfer Portal Team Rankings
Recruiting
Football Recruiting
Basketball Recruiting
Database
Team Rankings
Player Rankings
Industry Comparison
Commitments
Recruiting Prediction Machine
High School
High School News
Schools
Rankings
Scores
Draft
NFL Draft
NFL Draft News
Draft By Stars
College Draft History
NBA Draft
NBA Draft News
Pro
NFL
NASCAR
NBA
Sports Predictions
About
About
On3 App
Advertise
Press
FAQ
Contact
Log in
Register
Toggle sidebar
Teams
CFB Schedule
HSFB Rankings
AP Poll
NIL Valuations
Team Recruiting Rankings
Search
New posts
Toggle sidebar
Menu
Install the app
Install
A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
2026 Big 12 Championship Polymarket odds entering Week 6
Nebraska hosting 4-star flip target for Indiana game — and surging into visit
Reply to thread
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
Expansion
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Winter Tim" data-source="post: 129446400" data-attributes="member: 1772878"><p>I saw no reason to expand... but I honestly don't think other conferences are going to stand for the us to get by without a chance to add 1 more loss to one of our top conference teams.</p><p>I am torn between "choose 2 best football schools" and "choose 2 schools that even out the map -- and maybe add basketball strength."</p><p></p><p>As far as new conference mates that WVU fans can attend, I know we travel well for close-by games (Blacksburg, College Park, Pittsburgh). Also, transplants in NC show up in Charlotte and Greenville. Central Florida, UConn, etc. do not help in that regard. Where the Big 12 dropped the ball - helping themselves and us - was not bringing in WVU and Louisville at same time.</p><p>With what is left out there... I am mostly okay with Cincinnati and Memphis. I am tempted to say we should BYU and Boise. That would be 2 nice football additions... but would really make WVU and outlier... not to mention adding another time zone. However, I would almost go BYU and Boise... just as easily as Memphis and Cincy.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Winter Tim, post: 129446400, member: 1772878"] I saw no reason to expand... but I honestly don't think other conferences are going to stand for the us to get by without a chance to add 1 more loss to one of our top conference teams. I am torn between "choose 2 best football schools" and "choose 2 schools that even out the map -- and maybe add basketball strength." As far as new conference mates that WVU fans can attend, I know we travel well for close-by games (Blacksburg, College Park, Pittsburgh). Also, transplants in NC show up in Charlotte and Greenville. Central Florida, UConn, etc. do not help in that regard. Where the Big 12 dropped the ball - helping themselves and us - was not bringing in WVU and Louisville at same time. With what is left out there... I am mostly okay with Cincinnati and Memphis. I am tempted to say we should BYU and Boise. That would be 2 nice football additions... but would really make WVU and outlier... not to mention adding another time zone. However, I would almost go BYU and Boise... just as easily as Memphis and Cincy. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Name
Post reply
×
Disable Video Player
On3
Latest
01
On3 Football
A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
02
On3 Football
Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
03
On3 Football
Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
04
On3 Football
2026 Big 12 Championship Polymarket odds entering Week 6
05
Rivals Football Recruiting
Nebraska hosting 4-star flip target for Indiana game — and surging into visit
Forums
West Virginia
Mountaineer Message Board
Expansion
Top
Bottom