Deivon & Cam

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
gave us one hell of a show for a minute last night. Deivon is special on the fast break. Like elite NBA potential on the fast break special. We need to figure out how to use him more for it. It's literally free points.


[tweet]1346664348949700610[/tweet]
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
The move Deivon made on the play right after that was FILTHY. It’s a shame he missed the lay in or that would’ve been a truly incredible sequence.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
He's a good ball handler and he's fast. Plays his position well. I like to watch the guy on the court.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,636
7,890
113
Cam reminds me of an Ado with a significantly higher ceiling. I highly doubt that he’s ever going to be an offensive dynamo, but he already seems more in control of his aggressiveness whereas Ado has always struggled there

I don’t know about Deivon because I still don’t feel like we’ve really seen all that he’s capable of, but the kid has the tools for sure.

Is this a free year for basketball players in terms of eligibility like it was for football?
 

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,966
714
113
I don’t know about Deivon because I still don’t feel like we’ve really seen all that he’s capable of, but the kid has the tools for sure.


Agreed. I'm extremely excited about seeing where he goes. If he can keep himself under control and exploit his speed and ballhandling only when the opportunities show up for him, he will be a killer. If he plays out of control due to a lifetime of being faster and more skilled than everyone, he will have senseless turnovers (Ervin-esque)

At least he has a "guard whisperer" that has taught some of the best to hopefully reign that in ont he "every trip down the floor" plays.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor