Covid vaccination question

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Has anybody who scheduled an appointment thru the Health Dept. website had to cancel and re-schedule their appointment? I'm asking because I have my second dose appointment scheduled next Monday (2/15) in Greenwood. Weather forecast is really bad up there that day, and I live in Madison, so I need to reschedule for later in the week. It looks like if you cancel an appointment, you have to "get in line" for an appointment again, so at this point I have not cancelled. Any advice would be appreciated.
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,133
2,540
113
They may call you to reschedule anyway. News was reporting DeSoto and Lafayette rescheduled theirs from today to next Saturday due to weather.
 

fieldcorporal

Redshirt
Nov 1, 2010
289
49
28
I did it online. My 2nd was scheduled for Oktibbeha County - only thing available when I was doing it back then - and there were openings in Canton, 15 minutes from me.

First use your original 1st shot email to get to the website to schedule your (new) 2nd shot. It won't let you do it if you already have a 2nd shot appt. Leave this session hanging.

Then use your 2nd shot confirmation email to cancel your 2nd shot appt.

Go back to your "reschedule" session and reschedule your new 2nd shot.

I did it yesterday and rescheduled to today, got my shot this AM in Canton at the high school. 0940 appt, arrived at 0905, had my shot before 0940 and outta there by 1000.

Same good experience with my first shot in Canton.

side note: I was skeered to cancel my appt so I called them and did the call-back thing. Never heard back from them.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
I did it online. My 2nd was scheduled for Oktibbeha County - only thing available when I was doing it back then - and there were openings in Canton, 15 minutes from me.

First use your original 1st shot email to get to the website to schedule your (new) 2nd shot. It won't let you do it if you already have a 2nd shot appt. Leave this session hanging.

Then use your 2nd shot confirmation email to cancel your 2nd shot appt.

Go back to your "reschedule" session and reschedule your new 2nd shot.

I did it yesterday and rescheduled to today, got my shot this AM in Canton at the high school. 0940 appt, arrived at 0905, had my shot before 0940 and outta there by 1000.

Same good experience with my first shot in Canton.

side note: I was skeered to cancel my appt so I called them and did the call-back thing. Never heard back from them.

The hotline called me back and they rescheduled for next Thursday in Greenwood. Forecast not great that day either, but better than Monday. Thanks for the advice.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
I did this a week and a half ago when I rescheduled my second shot to be a couple days earlier in case I needed some time to recuperate.

The shot went well though. I’ve got a sore arm but didn’t need Tylenol or More Cowbell.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama