Christmas gifts

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,323
6,712
113
What did you guys ask for / what do you think you’re getting? There’s usually some awesome responses to this thread
I usually get something cool from my wife, but with us about to build a house I just asked for some Power Beats.
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,419
6,359
113
What did you guys ask for / what do you think you’re getting? There’s usually some awesome responses to this thread
I usually get something cool from my wife, but with us about to build a house I just asked for some Power Beats.

If they were shipped by the usps good luck getting before January. They are 17ing up deliveries all over the country including two of mine. My son's main Christmas gift was shipped three weeks ago and is still no closer to being here. A gift for my wife has been sent all over the country. It made two stops in Jackson just a 100 miles from me but this morning the damn thing was in Greenville, SC.
 

Maroonthirteen

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,975
0
0
Dear Small Business,

Do NOT use USPS. Do not!!!

I ordered from a small business in jackson ms on December 11. My order still isn't to desoto county. USPS says today it will be to me. We shall see.

I order from UTah on December 10. USPS says my order sat in Nashville for 7 days. Current status is in Memphis.

I sent a gift by UPS ground Friday to Jackson from Southaven. They got it Saturday. Use UPS!
 

bulldogcountry1

Redshirt
Jun 4, 2007
2,311
1
38
I’ve got two packages that usps stopped updating tracking on last week. Had another couple items that were stuck in Jackson for two weeks and then just showed up out of the blue.

Yeah, we should bail them out again.
 

woozman

All-Conference
Nov 13, 2004
3,455
2,693
113
Not just the USPS.

FedEx keeps changing the delivery date of my wife’s gift (was supposed to get here last Wednesday). FedEx also dropped off a package at my house last Sunday for someone on the other side of my neighborhood. I called them and after a 20-min hold was told to leave the package on my porch and a driver would pick it up and deliver it.

It was still on my porch on Friday so I looked up the lady’s address and dropped in on their porch...
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
Not just the USPS.

FedEx keeps changing the delivery date of my wife’s gift (was supposed to get here last Wednesday). FedEx also dropped off a package at my house last Sunday for someone on the other side of my neighborhood. I called them and after a 20-min hold was told to leave the package on my porch and a driver would pick it up and deliver it.

It was still on my porch on Friday so I looked up the lady’s address and dropped in on their porch...

My business ships FedEx and UPS on a daily basis. USPS on a weekly basis. They all suck and none of them care.

FedEx and UPS also love raising rates when they get bored. They BOTH implemented their Holiday Peak Season fee increase in mid-October this year. Their 2021 annual price hikes are already scheduled too.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,889
6,704
113
We are getting one of my kids an Anole. Keeping crickets alive is the bad part of the present- WT17. And a whittling kit because she suddenly got into that. Covid boredom is real.
The other kid is getting books and gift cards for more books.

I think I will get a Spurcycle bike bell from the family. Super nice, excellent material, and MUSA.



I once again failed to keep Christmas small in terms of overall presents for the kids. Its out of control. We did keep it all analog though- no electronics.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,889
6,704
113

UPS, USPS, FedEx- they are all struggling to keep up with demand.
With the explosion in ecommerce this year and distribution warehouses popping up left and right across the country, there has been a significant strain on pricing and driver headcount. New warehouses compete with transportation carriers for employment and the warehousing offers jobs where you are home nightly and pay is in general the same(sometimes higher, sometimes the same, sometimes nominally lower).

More warehouses overall requiring staffing + pulling drivers away from trucks = issues in the supply chain of businesses and freight carriers.
There is a lot more to it than just this, but this is a very real issue that directly affects what everyone sees or doesnt see on their front step each day.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,526
16,278
113
We had an anole and then a Mediterranean gecko. Both would only eat live pinhead crickets. I couldn’t keep the crickets alive long enough. Having to make multiple trips a week to petsmart to buy the damn things drove me insane. I released both of them into my yard. The way I looked it is that you really need to have a cricket farm with a lizard on the side. Because the lizard is easy. Keeping live bait was the *****.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,714
12,461
113
I'm sitting outside yesterday and this beat up old Chrysler mini van pulls into my driveway. Dirty, probably 10-15 year old model, missing a hubcap on the front drivers side, etc. and I'm thinking who the hell is this? This young girl with a Santa hat on gets out and opens the back tailgate of the mini van and gets a box out. She brings it to the front porch and wishes me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, couldn't have been more cheerful or happy. It was an Amazon box. Evidently a contract delivery person in that kind of vehicle but as they say never judge a book by its cover because she was much nicer than most of those old grouchy, overworked usual drivers. I didn't notice how it was sent (UPS, USPS, FedEx or a combination) but she got an A+ for effort, cheerfulness and holiday spirit in my book. Bless her heart as we say in the South..............
 

Dawg_4_lifes

Redshirt
Sep 17, 2016
922
0
0
I got an air fryer. G/F wanted it but I do about 2/3rds of cooking. I got it home last night and plugged her up to try her out. Cut up some veggies and tossed in some olive oil and seasoning. Eating nice crisp veggies on couch in under 12 mins. Not life changing good, but for the amount of time and limited clean up. Not bad.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,889
6,704
113
We had an anole and then a Mediterranean gecko. Both would only eat live pinhead crickets. I couldn’t keep the crickets alive long enough. Having to make multiple trips a week to petsmart to buy the damn things drove me insane. I released both of them into my yard. The way I looked it is that you really need to have a cricket farm with a lizard on the side. Because the lizard is easy. Keeping live bait was the *****.

I had a few anoles growing up, but 3 quickly went to 1 as the 1 killed the others. Clearly I didnt know much about them before buying.
That 1 lived for 6 damn years and the crickets were such a pain to manage. I was shocked that my wife was good with all this, but apparently we will care for crickets and occasionally feed an lizard for the next 3-6 years.
 
Nov 16, 2012
2,481
2
0
I'm sitting outside yesterday and this beat up old Chrysler mini van pulls into my driveway. Dirty, probably 10-15 year old model, missing a hubcap on the front drivers side, etc. and I'm thinking who the hell is this? This young girl with a Santa hat on gets out and opens the back tailgate of the mini van and gets a box out. She brings it to the front porch and wishes me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, couldn't have been more cheerful or happy. It was an Amazon box. Evidently a contract delivery person in that kind of vehicle but as they say never judge a book by its cover because she was much nicer than most of those old grouchy, overworked usual drivers. I didn't notice how it was sent (UPS, USPS, FedEx or a combination) but she got an A+ for effort, cheerfulness and holiday spirit in my book. Bless her heart as we say in the South..............

You can be an Amazon driver too - part
Of the gig economy- get used to it. I like the idea a lot.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,323
6,712
113
These must be the ******** who are just throwing boxes in my yard. Packages literally in the middle of my grass. One was on the hood of my truck once as well.
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
UPS, USPS, FedEx- they are all struggling to keep up with demand.
With the explosion in ecommerce this year and distribution warehouses popping up left and right across the country, there has been a significant strain on pricing and driver headcount. New warehouses compete with transportation carriers for employment and the warehousing offers jobs where you are home nightly and pay is in general the same(sometimes higher, sometimes the same, sometimes nominally lower).

More warehouses overall requiring staffing + pulling drivers away from trucks = issues in the supply chain of businesses and freight carriers.
There is a lot more to it than just this, but this is a very real issue that directly affects what everyone sees or doesnt see on their front step each day.

I guess I've been lucky. I ordered 2 items just 7 days ago. One delivered by Fed ex that arrived Saturday morning. Another by UPS that arrived a little while ago. I ordered a new seat for my deer stand YESTERDAY and received a notice from UPS moments ago that it's been picked up and scheduled for delivery Wednesday. How they pulled that off, is beyond me. We shall see.
 

Maroonthirteen

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,975
0
0
I guess I've been lucky. I ordered 2 items just 7 days ago. One delivered by Fed ex that arrived Saturday morning. Another by UPS that arrived a little while ago. I ordered a new seat for my deer stand YESTERDAY and received a notice from UPS moments ago that it's been picked up and scheduled for delivery Wednesday. How they pulled that off, is beyond me. We shall see.

Just lucky your vendor used UPs/FedEx.

usps can't keep up because they've been downsizing for a few years now. They just don't have the staff to keep up. UPS/FedEx are managed much better.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,889
6,704
113
I guess I've been lucky. I ordered 2 items just 7 days ago. One delivered by Fed ex that arrived Saturday morning. Another by UPS that arrived a little while ago. I ordered a new seat for my deer stand YESTERDAY and received a notice from UPS moments ago that it's been picked up and scheduled for delivery Wednesday. How they pulled that off, is beyond me. We shall see.

We order the crap out of stuff online and I dont remember the last time a package delivered later than expected. Most is 2 day transit, some has been 3 day, and some like 6 day that clearly is ground shipped. I havent been affected by the issues at all, but the delays and challenges are very much real. And prices continue to rise in part as a result.
 

Ozarkdawg

Senior
Apr 1, 2017
853
707
93
The wife was going with a double sided fish fryer, but my son saw the 20 qt outside air fryer, so that is what I got. We have a few of the smaller ones and the biggest issue I have with them is the small cooking capacity. Can't wait to try out one with 5 gal capacity. Carrying it to the cabin for weekend cooking. Could load it up, program the timer, hit the water, and come back to a complete cooked meal.
 

Dawgpile

Senior
May 23, 2006
2,415
920
113
I asked for a bunch of BBQ stuff... Pit gloves, temperature monitors, rubs, bear claws... About to get serious about this ****.
 

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,369
1,098
113
Nectar mattress and adjustable base for my wife. Got myself just the mattress. Hope everything lines up even up top. Base and mattresses came in 10 days ago. Damn sheets and pillows supposed to come in Wednesday.

I asked for a Milwaukee heated jacket.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,896
17,185
113
Nectar mattress and adjustable base for my wife. Got myself just the mattress. Hope everything lines up even up top. Base and mattresses came in 10 days ago. Damn sheets and pillows supposed to come in Wednesday.

I asked for a Milwaukee heated jacket.
Y’all got a Ricky and Lucy thing going on?
 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
My friend has his 13 year old duped about getting a PS5. Said he couldn't get one but has it under the tree.

I know I got a Weber coming, pretty excited about that.
 

EagleDawg97

Senior
Oct 18, 2015
810
586
23
My son has had a leopard gecko for 5 years now, and when he got it my wife and I were convinced it wouldn’t be too bad because it probably wouldn’t last long.

So the cricket issue is real, and I have found a method to keep them alive for 10-14 days. Never buy more than 15-20 tops, and bait shop crickets are healthier than the pet store ones. Your cricket enclosure needs to be 6” x 12” minimum, without space they kill one another. Wet a paper towel, crumple it up, and put it in one corner of your cricket container, this is for water and they eat the paper. Slice fruit thinly and place 3 or so pieces around the enclosure (apples, oranges, pears, whatever). Save some toilet paper cardboard tubes and put a few in there for hiding spots. This method will keep them alive the longest I have found.

I’m getting new custom fitted ping G710 irons 4-PW. Used to play pretty well, and picked the game back up when the pandemic started.
 

bulldogcountry1

Redshirt
Jun 4, 2007
2,311
1
38
Back near the beginning of December, I was walking to my mailbox when a gray dodge truck turns into my driveway and stops by me. This girl with 4 face piercings quickly pops out and says, “Got something for ya!” I had no idea what was about to happen.

She opened the back door of the truck, and I could see a bunch of packages in the back. She quickly closes the door and goes around to the tailgate and lifts the bed cover. She grabs a package, hands it to me, and was away in seconds. I could only think, “What the 17 just happened?”
 

dawgoneyall

Junior
Nov 11, 2007
3,431
210
63
UPS, USPS, FedEx- they are all struggling to keep up with demand.
With the explosion in ecommerce this year and distribution warehouses popping up left and right across the country, there has been a significant strain on pricing and driver headcount. New warehouses compete with transportation carriers for employment and the warehousing offers jobs where you are home nightly and pay is in general the same(sometimes higher, sometimes the same, sometimes nominally lower).

More warehouses overall requiring staffing + pulling drivers away from trucks = issues in the supply chain of businesses and freight carriers.
There is a lot more to it than just this, but this is a very real issue that directly affects what everyone sees or doesnt see on their front step each day.

Maybe if the government took over all the carrier services we would not have any problems.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State