Braves fans....

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,285
113
...what happened to Acuna? Looks like he just got hurt stepping on the first base bag, similar to what happened with Elko at Ole Miss.
 

047Dog

Redshirt
Jan 29, 2020
726
0
0
I have thought Acuña was out for the year about 15 times in the last few years


Same. But this whole team is getting harder and harder to watch. Acuna and Freddie have the power numbers and that's about it. Acuna's average is dropping steadily. Freddie, Dansby, and Ozuna are all low .200s. Riley had one good week and other than that has been garbage. CF position gives us nothing. Smyly and Morton have both been pretty terrible and the bullpen is shite. Ian Anderson has been steady. The ONLY bright spot so far has been Ynoa and who knows if that is a fluke or not.

The only saving grace is that the division is all bunched up. But even if the Braves win the division or snag a wildcard, it looks nothing like last year.
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
Same. But this whole team is getting harder and harder to watch. Acuna and Freddie have the power numbers and that's about it. Acuna's average is dropping steadily. Freddie, Dansby, and Ozuna are all low .200s. Riley had one good week and other than that has been garbage. CF position gives us nothing. Smyly and Morton have both been pretty terrible and the bullpen is shite. Ian Anderson has been steady. The ONLY bright spot so far has been Ynoa and who knows if that is a fluke or not.

The only saving grace is that the division is all bunched up. But even if the Braves win the division or snag a wildcard, it looks nothing like last year.

I won't lie and say I'm not concerned, but it is still early. I keep having to pinch myself to remind me it's 162 games this year, not the full blown sprint of last year. I think the braves start making a move soon now that some pen pieces are about to be in place, ozuna won't be this bad too much longer, and fried is getting going.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,285
113
I won't lie and say I'm not concerned, but it is still early. I keep having to pinch myself to remind me it's 162 games this year, not the full blown sprint of last year. I think the braves start making a move soon now that some pen pieces are about to be in place, ozuna won't be this bad too much longer, and fried is getting going.

Just got bad news on Soroka, right? The Braves kinda need that guy back.
 

Lawdawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2012
5,352
1,215
113
He stepped on the bag with his right foot (i think), but his left ankle is the one that was hurt. He was rotating it before walking off the field, so hopefully just rolled it...
 

DoomSlayer

Senior
Jan 13, 2018
1,052
435
83
Honestly I don’t think you can ever really count on him again, it wouldn’t surprise me if he never throws another pitch for Atlanta.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
I won't lie and say I'm not concerned, but it is still early. I keep having to pinch myself to remind me it's 162 games this year, not the full blown sprint of last year. I think the braves start making a move soon now that some pen pieces are about to be in place, ozuna won't be this bad too much longer, and fried is getting going.

I was just about to ask if any Braves fans are starting to panic yet. You guys are clearly the most talented team in the division and I’m sure will be fine over the course of the season. But it’s been a rocky start.
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
It doesn’t have the je ne sais quoi of Leach’s but we have room on the Cardinals’ bandwagon for you weary souls.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window