Bowl Projections: Week 14

00Dawg

Senior
Nov 10, 2009
3,317
574
93
Trend from the previous listing will be marked as ▲,▼, or -, if available. Due to SEC bowl tiers, some trends are subjective.


CBS: Armed Forces vs UCLA ▲
CFN: Birmingham Bowl vs Memphis -
SaturdayDownSouth: No Bowl
ESPN Bonagura: Birmingham Bowl vs SMU -
ESPN Schlabach: Birmingham Bowl vs Memphis -
247 Sports: Texas Bowl vs Texas ▲
USA Today: Armed Forces vs Washington ▲
The Athletic: Birmingham Bowl vs Tulane -
Brett McMurphy: Texas Bowl vs Oklahoma State -
Bleacher Report: Liberty Bowl vs TCU (new)




Currently ignoring Gasparilla Bowl Tie-in:
CBS
SaturdayDownSouth
USA Today
The Athletic


Currently ignoring Birmingham Bowl Tie-in:
SaturdayDownSouth


Removed for ignoring three SEC Bowl Tie-ins:
Sporting News (Bill Bender)
 
Last edited:

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Trend from the previous listing will be marked as ▲,▼, or -, if available. Due to SEC bowl tiers, some trends are subjective.

USA Today: Armed Forces vs Washington ▲

No thank you on playing Washington this year. Don't really want to hear the Leach vs. Jimmy Lake narrative a million times all over again.

But I would not be opposed to Birmingham or either of the games in Texas. But I'll take any bowl game with the way this year has gone.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Texas would be great. I would love that match up. Or SMU. Some different competition. Memphis and Tulane I have seen enough of. And I agree on beating the dead horse for Washington. But yeah...whatever we get I will be happy.
 

Bill Shankly

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2020
2,095
0
0
My guess is few if any of the bowl games will be played. The playoffs will go on as best they can. The New Year's Six will try. Nothing will be played in California.
 
Nov 29, 2017
835
330
63
Anyone know what day they are gonna announce the bowl match ups ? I cant find it anywhere. I think the first game is the 19th, so it's gotta be soon.
 

00Dawg

Senior
Nov 10, 2009
3,317
574
93
I think it's still the 20th, which sucks.

There are still a number of fans that will base holiday plans on what happens, and with that late notice, it's going to be much more difficult to make things fit.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Brett McMurphy's latest update (after the LSU news) has us playing Oregon in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Um, yes please.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
Rather play UCLA or Washington over the Ducks.
I’d like a chance to win the Bowl and those two teams give us the best shot I think.
I also think this is the bowl we end up getting bc of the Leach factor and past PAC 12 stint.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  3. 03 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit