Been wandering through the desert.

FourCornersCowboy

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2006
25,386
2,885
113
And I have to admit I think Steve Lekson has it right, out traditional understanding of Pueblo peoples is flawed.

I think the most perplexing piece is how they could trade in Mesoamerica but not with the Mississippian Tribes.
 

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,553
59,379
103
And I have to admit I think Steve Lekson has it right, out traditional understanding of Pueblo peoples is flawed.

I think the most perplexing piece is how they could trade in Mesoamerica but not with the Mississippian Tribes.

What trade are you referring to specifically? Maize likely slowly reached the Pueblo people by a slow sequence of local trade, rather than direct contact with Mesoamerica.
 

FourCornersCowboy

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2006
25,386
2,885
113
What trade are you referring to specifically? Maize likely slowly reached the Pueblo people by a slow sequence of local trade, rather than direct contact with Mesoamerica.
Probably, there also two distinct eras of Maize trade. But it is interesting that chocolate and Macaw feathers are found in Chaco and Puebloan architecture is found in Northern reaches of Mesoamerica but there doesn’t appear to be that same trade with the Mississippians.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated OSI Preview | Week 5 Bye for Oklahoma State
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  5. 05 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4