Couple of caveats here.....you really need to start in 2003, because that's when the current format begin, and a national seed won that year. But your point is still very valid. Also, the dead bats and high-seam balls really screwed up a lot of the consistency. But once we sorted all of that out, things started trending towards national seed in 2017 or so. I bet you'll start to see more consistency now. But baseball is still a funny game that will allow room for the Fresno States and Coastal Carolinas, and that's a good thing.
Bottom line, playing at home helps get you to Omaha. And you have to get to Omaha to have a chance to win it. So the goal is always a national seed then you let the chips fall.
Ole Miss was #1 in the nation, so that's 5-7.**We have played 9 games vs Omaha worthy teams. TX, TX Tech, TCU, Ark, & Vandy. Results 3-6. Unless something changes that's not going win a Natty.
Girodo didn't become dominant until the regional.Not sure how a guy that went 10-1 with a sub 2 ERA in 36 appearances was just another guy. Besides we had Ross Mitchell as well with Holder as the closer. Man that staff was loaded with talent.
This one has potential to be better (primarily starting) and I hope it can be.
I agree with the assessment that lf and 1b are weak spots in lineup, inconsistent starts, and that bad fielding at times has been an issue. If we can improve these, we certainly have a chance. We have a good team and I enjoy watching them compete.
We have played 9 games vs Omaha worthy teams. TX, TX Tech, TCU, Ark, & Vandy. Results 3-6. Unless something changes that's not going win a Natty.
Maroon and White Football
"No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
Rivals Football Recruiting
How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5