Any news about Arent?

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,954
2,349
113
We may lose Arnett at some point to the West Coast. But if he goes back he's getting paid the big bucks as a head coach. I'd be more worried about getting poached by an SEC program that wants him as a DC. But I suspect all of them want to see how consistent he is at State first. One year won't cut it. Two solid years could.
 
Last edited:

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I'm done worrying about us losing coaches. It happens. As long as Leach has an overall plan for his defense (this 335 or whatever), just go find another young one and let him use this job as his launching point. Rinse repeat. Keep a plan and you can always show recruits that it'll be consistent, and as long as you recruit MS well, you should have a decent defense as long as you don't let holes develop.
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,591
7,348
113
Last I heard it has retained its usage as a contraction and the apostrophe is still required. I was worried.
 
Sep 1, 2011
2,549
249
63
Of course I want to keep a good coach, but why can’t we take the same approach to coaches that don’t want to be at MSU as we do players? I’ve seen and heard many people on here say that we only want/need players that want to be here (usually after a 4 star drops us for bama). But we worry to death about a coach who’s name is tied to half the jobs in the country every year . If they want out that bad, see ya.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
Well, so many use apostrophes nowadays when not appropriate (like forming plurals), that it must be OK to just leave them out when they are required.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor