Any movie recs?

ctdub

All-American
Dec 11, 2003
14,377
5,731
112
I know there are probably other threads here, but too lazy to look them up. I don't get to the movies often other than to see the newest kids movie with my little ones. This week I've actually got to watch a couple movies. Anyone have any good ones either new or from the last few years?

This week I've watched
The Martian- I liked it, but somewhat predictable.
The Infiltrator- liked it
The Lobster- didn't finish it. Had some funny parts, but overall too slow for me.
 
Last edited:

Pokes15

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2006
2,982
1,361
113
Mud - not well known Matthew McConnasdfwerasuy movie. I thought it was pretty good
Sicario - Good cast with Emily Blunt, Brolin and Benecio Del Toro
The Revenant - didn't like it as much as everyone else, but it was worth watching
 
  • Like
Reactions: ctdub

ctdub

All-American
Dec 11, 2003
14,377
5,731
112
Mud - not well known Matthew McConnasdfwerasuy movie. I thought it was pretty good
Sicario - Good cast with Emily Blunt, Brolin and Benecio Del Toro
The Revenant - didn't like it as much as everyone else, but it was worth watching

I've thought about a couple of those. I want to see the Revenant, I just need to block enough time to be able to watch the whole thing.

Anyone seen Deadpool? Is it any good? Seems popular.
 

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,593
49,997
113
Deadpool is atypical for what you expect out of super hero (antihero?) movie. That, in itself, makes it worth seeing. If you don't like crude humor, blood, and cursing, it might not be your cup of tea.

If you are thinking about going to the theater, don't let your wife talk you into seeing Girl on a Train. I fell into that trap. The plot of the movie is just ridiculously stupid.
 

ells2090

Senior
Feb 2, 2005
1,257
537
66
Mud - not well known Matthew McConnasdfwerasuy movie. I thought it was pretty good
Sicario - Good cast with Emily Blunt, Brolin and Benecio Del Toro
The Revenant - didn't like it as much as everyone else, but it was worth watching

You forgot your weekly viewing of Brokeback without sound
 

tcpoke

Heisman
Oct 21, 2004
22,178
25,532
81
Hunt For The Wilderpeople - New Zealand movie. Different but very entertaining.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight