Another OT: induction cooktop

Nov 16, 2012
2,481
2
0
Hurricane rebuild plus remodel - anyone got one of these? I’m looking at Frigidaire from Lowe’s. What’s the feedback on them?

Are these OTs our way of transitioning to Baseball season?
 

MarkDallas

Sophomore
Aug 27, 2014
2,606
121
63
I know they only work with certain types of cookware. So factor that into your decision. You may have to replace some of your pots and pans.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,306
24,461
113
If you have the ability to go gas, do that. Like from above, there’s only certain cookware that works with them.
 

msstatelp1

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2012
2,103
1,289
113
I know they only work with certain types of cookware. So factor that into your decision. You may have to replace some of your pots and pans.

Has to have iron in it. Cast iron and stainless will work, aluminum won't.
 
Sep 21, 2017
975
760
93
Gas stove top is way to go.


No doubt go with gas but not all gas ranges are created equal. Pay attention to how far grates are from the burner flame. The one we have in our current house the grates are almost 2" above the burners. I feel like you loose a good portion of the heat around the pan or pot because of this. Try to find one where on high the flame is just barely touching the cookware. I've noticed that higher end cook tops are designed to heat this way.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,707
12,442
113
Only experience was in a beach house we rented one summer. It would heat a big pot of water we were going to boil shrimp in but after awhile it would throw a breaker. You could go throw the breaker back and it would heat awhile and trip again.
I had standard electric forever but switched to a Frigidaire natural gas about 5 years ago and now I wouldn't take anything else.
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,148
9,485
113
Same here. The only thing that I kick myself about is that I didn't switch to gas sooner. I put the supply line in place when I built the house but went electric initially because of kid ages and fear of them burning down the place with gas. They nearly did so anyway with electric so maybe it didn't matter...
 

grinnindawg

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
166
14
18
They require ferrous material in your cookware is the only downside.

Amazon has single burner 120V plug in models for around $60 if you want to try one out.
 

BlueRidgeMtns

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2016
5,521
3,386
113
My parents have one and it's great. Like someone already said, though, you may have to replace a lot of pots and pans.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama