And you thought SEC umps were bad...

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
19,982
2,763
113
That was pretty bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but some years ago, probably in the previous century - the announcers would never denigrate the umpires to that degree. They'd probably be fired if they did. They were certainly right about the poor calls though.
 

tired

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2013
3,714
1,477
113
Having review only to not review is dumb. Review it all. If I was that bad at my job, I wouldn't have a job.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,285
113
That was pretty bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but some years ago, probably in the previous century - the announcers would never denigrate the umpires to that degree. They'd probably be fired if they did. They were certainly right about the poor calls though.

The thing about it is that those are Mets announcers. Even though the Mets benefitted from the play, they were still calling the umpires out. It's refreshing to see that level of objectivity from the announce booth.

Does anyone think Skip Caray would be calling out the umpire in that situation?
 
Last edited:

dog12

Senior
Sep 15, 2016
1,950
592
113
Having review only to not review is dumb. Review it all. If I was that bad at my job, I wouldn't have a job.

I'll bet MLB changes the "rules" for reviewing replays within a few days, due to this fiasco.

Home plate umpires should only call fair/foul balls and safe/out plays at home plate.

With today's technology, home plate umpires have no business calling balls/strikes.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again