American Gods

FalseGod

Sophomore
May 6, 2004
3,722
116
0
Anyone else watch the first episode tonight? Going to be a tough book to adapt to the screen, but I thought they did a pretty good job. The lady was completely lost though, and because I didn't want to give away anything I told her to wait and it will make more sense as it goes along.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,545
93,134
101
So this show is filmed in Oklahoma. I just started watching but I have not read the book.
 

BluegrassPoke

Heisman
Dec 10, 2002
44,545
93,134
101
What channel? Synopsis?
It is on Starz. You can watch the show on Starz OnDemand. It is a pretty bizarre show. It is a fantasy show that pits the old gods vs. the new gods. Shadow, recently out of prison, and Mr. Wednesday, who is freaky dude are the central figures in the show. It has some serious violence and sex scenes.
 

Syskatine

Heisman
Sep 7, 2008
16,686
11,203
113
I read the book and loved the show, but I love everything Neil Gaiman. If somebody doesn't have the background with the book i can see how it'd be a hard watch. The book had different plot lines but... it's the kind of adaptation you can see Gaiman approving. He wrote Good Omens with Terry Pratchett which I loved as a book and the tv was kind of "meh" imo.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight