AMC up 24% today

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,515
16,258
113
Should I dump it?

I will not consider your opinion as investing advice.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,876
17,125
113
Yup

I finally got back in the green. Made a solid 5% return. Was down early, but doubled down and won it back baby!
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
It was at $8.00 per share before Covid. I would sell. It's currently in the middle of an idiot squeeze.... Everyone is excited today because it's going to open up some CA theaters... Guess they are gonna show reruns of Seinfeld... Not much coming out.
 

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,116
10,648
113
That's what I think too. I took my daughters to see Raya yesterday (6/10, btw) and there were 5 other people in the theater besides us.

AMC operating their locations at a loss is worse than not operating them at all. It makes me sad but I don't believe theaters are ever coming back.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,884
6,690
113
View attachment 19730
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,061
958
113
You can't worry about what you didn't make, only what you do make. You will drive yourself crazy over the what ifs otherwise. We all miss on lots of stuff but you hit. Accept it.

Words I live by. OH, I ain't rich.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
As an FYI.. You are not short squeezing AMC or GME anymore. This is retail traders pumping the stocks with big boys jumping on board. They will eventually dump them all and retail will be left holding the bag. The 1st time was a real short squeeze on GME... The rest of this is not. See the short interest data below. AMC is down to 10% and shorts can cover anytime they choose. GME can as well.

If you want something with higher short interest, checkout Academy Sports and Outdoors... It has 4x more short interest than AMC and 3X GME.

So when you say power to the people, just know that half the people are going to make money and the other half are going to lose. Don't be in the wrong half. Cause you aren't take the Hedge Funds money anymore. They won't fall for the same gag twice.


View attachment 19735

View attachment 19737

View attachment 19736
 
Last edited:

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I don’t see them being excited about Academy Sports

Exactly. The first GME squeeze was a white elephant. 140% of float... Crazy. Now it's become quixotic... They are convincing themselves of something that no longer exists. If you wanted to initiate a short squeeze, go after companies with higher short interest.

Also... GME is going to crash next week if it's still up. Blackout period ends for insiders after earnings and they're all going to sell everything that is vested. Could be millions of shares getting dumped at once. I imagine funds will dump then as well. People are going to complain that it's rigged when it happens, but I have seen it coming since early February and I am excited for the mid level accounting dude that is going to cash out a few thousand options he was sure would never be worth a dime.
 

MaroonOil

Redshirt
Jan 13, 2021
142
0
0
I got in AMC at $3 & gambled on them getting saved last March & hiking. I was right but nothing happened after that. AMC will be stable at 15-20 a share when our economy is back to normal. Safe long play.

As far as the squeeze wars, AMC is so over the utilization last I checked, they can’t even short it anymore lol.

Lets not forget, as JoeLee said & I give him the point. The high prices are speculation because no one but of a handful of people actually know what the hell is going on.

I trust the analytic data being reported on these stocks like I trust the idiots saying covid was just the flu in January-March last year, experienced it & knew better. Same way with how GME is still performing.

GME, the price is still too high & hardly any real shares exist anymore, probably none. Since the price is still too high, new shorts get borrowed every day, notice how I said borrowed; to ride the price down. 700k today borrowed & it is constant. Retail has shown they are holding & fighting that activity. FIGHTING IT & I buy more of it every day to help out. Is what it is. I’m taking so much advantage of it like I did collecting BTC when it first hit the scene. If you can’t accept the risk or volatility, stay on the porch.

GME, no matter the price come their E(earnings)will go through a bull cycle as the E will be good & boosted & they are getting a new CEO. After 2/25, I got no clue. At this point it is what you choose to believe. We will never see anything like this again either. So I give JoeLee one last point, HF are not dumb enough to get caught like that again unless they are out for blood.

AMC is a solid long if you got in early, too late now.
 

turkish

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
996
372
63
You can't go broke taking always taking a profit.
If there were no such things as bills, inflation, etc, you’d be right. As it were, there’s a break even that’s somewhere north of just “taking a profit.”
 

PineGroveBully

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2007
8,508
2
0
Exactly, I read one estimate that as many as 40% of those getting stimulus money would purchase some Bitcoin with it. All it took was for me to finally take the plunge this week for it to do the same.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,652
19,405
113
I wonder how many people are going to call in sick Wednesday and go shopping around this country? As much money that is going to hit the economy there has to be a stock that is going to sky rocket.
 

MaroonOil

Redshirt
Jan 13, 2021
142
0
0
BTC price will always be going up unless inflation becomes an issue. Although remember, every top price we have ever gotten from BTC, it drops 15-20% like clockwork before we go back up.

Other then all that, it would take some serious piece of news to destroy the price. It is a true supply & demand price point, in which demand will get higher & higher every year. If governments try to mess with it, it will just make BTC go higher.

Just buy it & forget about it, stop sells in if you are actually paper trading it.
 

MaroonOil

Redshirt
Jan 13, 2021
142
0
0
GME has been FTD since January & the new data is out for February fresh off the press.

As of last month, they have to return 600,411 shares. My god
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,884
6,690
113
You want to feel bad for a guy but sometimes you just hafta shake your head.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56402378

I mean I know Elon is eccentric, but come on.

Wadda17?!
I hate reading these sort of articles because its so easy to pile on and rip on the victim. Scams are crazy in how they appeal to our greed and sound like a good idea even though the scam makes no sense when repeated out loud. If you can tell 5 friends about a quick money making opportunity and they dont look at you like a moron, then its possibly a good idea.
 

MaroonOil

Redshirt
Jan 13, 2021
142
0
0
GME is still at 132% over the float. Finding the high enough price, which will have to be achieved by big money & a retail surge(stimulus) & it is over.

I have kinda expected the nakeds are long somewhere in Options. This Friday & the week after is going to be one wild ride. Even if you don’t believe in the squeeze play. You have an exit strategy with earnings.

AMC is still a 15-20 lock a share.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?